Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Pears, Feta and Apple Cider Viniagrette: Butternut squash stars in this easy Fall Salad with Mixed Greens Salad.
I am all about seasonal salads.
When it comes to Fall Salads, I really enjoy my Harvest Quinoa Salad with Pumpkin Viniagrette. And recently I have fall head over heels in love with my newest Easy Seasonal Salad.
Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
The masterpiece of this Butternut Squash salad comes from the pairing of warm and cold, sweet and salty, and a variety of textures.
Dried Cranberries, feta, juicy pears and cruncy walnuts are tossed with tender greens that have been dressed with a simple Homemade Apple Cider Salad Dressing. All to prepare for the star of this salad: Roasted Butternut Squash.
I had leftover butternut squash from my Kale and Butternut Squash Rice Bowl and this stemmed as a way to use that squash up and make myself lunch.
Since that fateful meeting with this Pear and Squash Salad, I have fallen in love with it and have made made times over.
In fact, this Fall Harvest Salad would be the perfect compliment to Thanksgiving Dinner–don’t you think?
Tips on Autumn Salad with Pears and Butternut Squash:
- A great time saving tip is to buy the pre-cut butternut sqaush from your produce section. I have found it to be cheaper at times per ounce then to buy a large butternut squash–it is always worth to compare prices.
- If you are using leftover roasted butternut squash, just reheat under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until toasted before serving.
- If Feta Cheese is not your thing, you can use Goat Cheese. Or leave the cheese out altogether for a Vegan Butternut Squash Salad.
- To make the Apple Cider Dressing vegan, substitute maple syrup for honey.
- The walnuts add a nice crunch to the salad, but omit for nut allergies.
- Look for a juicy Bartlett Pear for this Autumn salad–the sweetness it lends to the dish is perfect.
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe to save it!
Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Apple Cider Viniagrette
Butternut squash stars in this easy Fall Salad with Mixed Greens Salad.
For the Roasted Squash
- 2 cups butternut squash cubed into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Salad
- 5 ounces mixed baby greens
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 barlett pear, cubed into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped optional
For the Apple Cider Viniagrette
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Roast the Butternut Squash
Toss squash in oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast at 400 degrees for 40 minutes, or until browned and fork tender.
Make the Apple Cider Salad Dressing
Mix together the apple cider vinegar, honey, garlic, salt, pepper together. Slowly whisk in olive oil.
To Assemble the Salad
Mix together the greens, cranberries, diced pears, and feta and 1/4 cup of the salad dressing together. Top with Roasted Butternut Squash and walnuts if using. Serve with additional dressing on the side.