5 ingredient Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu is one of the EASIEST, yet most impressive chicken recipes you will ever make. This recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu is also gluten-Free and low-carb.
I love old school Chicken Cordon Bleu.
Chicken Cordon Bleu is traditionally made by stuffing a chicken breast with ham, Swiss cheese, and then breaded and fried.
It is delicious, but not at all healthy. This low carb version of chicken cordon bleu is a much lighter, healthier take on Chicken Cordon Bleu.
Easy Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
This 5 Ingredient Chicken Cordon Bleu is such an easy recipe, I am almost embarrassed to share it.
But yet, you all need easy chicken recipes–right?!
I made this recipe one night for a friend who had come over for dinner.
She had told me she was looking for easy chicken dinner recipes that were full of flavor, gluten-free and did not require her to touch raw chicken.
I asked her what her favorite chicken recipe was before going gluten-free and she stated Chicken Cordon Bleu.
I was on a mission. I was going to make an easy, gluten free Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe that did not require any touching of raw chicken.
And my mission succeeded–I created a Simple Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu that had knock-out flavor.
Everyone in my family loved this version of Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu even more than the original–but my son said while he loved this recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu, he still really preferred my Pretzel Crusted Chicken Cordon Bleu.
How to Make Easy Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Place 4 chicken breasts into a baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush Dijon mustard over chicken.
- Place a piece of ham on each piece of chicken.
- Place a piece of Swiss cheese over the chicken (use any sharp cheese you like–Gruyere is amazing, but even Asiago gives this dish a great bite. Or omit cheese to keep it dairy free.)
- Pour 1 cup white wine around the chicken breasts and bake.
This Chicken Cordon Blue is the Chicken Recipe perfect for anyone looking for an easy meal! This chicken came out moist and extremely flavorful from the mustard and the wine. It was crazy good! And crazy easy.
Tips for Gluten-Free Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Use a dry white wine, light chardonnay or pino grigio, for Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe.
- I use a digital thermometer to ensure I cook my chicken to 165 degrees without over-cooking it. I HIGHLY recommend getting yourself one for even cooking.
- Stop by your deli and ask for 4 thin slices of ham and 4 thin slices of Swiss Cheese. You will have just enough for this recipe and it will cost you WAY LESS than if you were to buy a package of each. Plus it cuts down on food waste.
- If you don’t want to buy Swiss Cheese, you can use shredded Gruyere or another sharp cheese. Or if you have a block of Swiss Cheese, just shred that and sprinkle about an ounce over each chicken breast.
- If you have leftover holiday ham, this is is a great way to use leftover ham up as well.
- If you want a sauce to serve with this Chicken Cordon Bleu, after baking, remove chicken from dish, and pour juices into a sauce pan. Add in 1 teaspoon cornstarch and whisk in well and bring to a boil and let thicken.
- If you don’t want to use wine, chicken stock will work as well.
More Gluten Free Chicken Recipes
- Mediterranean Chicken and Rice Skillet
- Oven Roasted Chicken Breasts
- Homemade Rotisserie Chicken
- Mexican Chicken Skillet
- Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
- One Pot Poppyseed Chicken Casserole
- 15 Minute Stir-Fried Chicken with Bok Choy
- Chicken Quinoa Fajita Bowl
Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
Easy Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 small breasts)
- 4 slices swiss cheese or your preferred sharp cheese
- 4 slices nitrate free ham
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine I used Chardonnay
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Place the chicken into a baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Brush each chicken breast with the Dijon mustard.
- Cover each piece of chicken with a slice of ham, topped with a slice of cheese.
- Pour wine around chicken
- Bake for 25 minutes (or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees.)