Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu–5 ingredient baked Chicken Cordon Bleu is one of the EASIEST, yet most impressive chicken recipes you will ever make. Gluten-Free. Low-Carb
Are you looking for a flavorful one dish meal that is so easy that your toddler would be able to do most of it on their own?
Are you looking for a recipe that won’t make you feel guilty about your waist line or that fits gluten free diets and can easily be adapted to be dairy free as well?
Well, look no further!
Easy Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
This 5 Ingredient Chicken Cordon Bleu is such an easy recipe, I am almost embarrassed to share it.
But yet, you all need easy chicken recipes–right?!
I made this recipe one night for a friend who had come over for dinner.
She had told me she was looking for easy chicken dinner recipes that were full of flavor, gluten-free and did not require her to touch raw chicken.
I asked her what her favorite chicken recipe was before going gluten-free and she stated Chicken Cordon Bleu.
I was on a mission. I was going to make an easy, gluten free Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe that did not require any touching of raw chicken.
And my mission succeeded–I created a Simple Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu that had knock-out flavor.
Everyone in my family loved this version of Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu even more than the original–but my son said while he loved this recipe for 5 Ingredient Chicken Cordon Bleu, he still really prefered my Pretzel Crusted Chicken Cordon Bleu.
Steps to Easy Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu:
- Place 4 chicken breasts into a baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush Dijon mustard over chicken.
- Place a piece of ham on each piece of chicken.
- Place a piece of swiss cheese over the chicken (use any sharp cheese you like–Gruyere is amazing, but even Asiago gives this dish a great bite. Or omit cheese to keep it dairy free.)
- Pour 1 cup white wine around the chicken breasts and bake.
The chicken came out moist and extremely flavorful from the mustard and the wine. It was crazy good! And crazy easy.
Wash some potatoes and wrap in foil to throw in oven with chicken and buy your favorite frozen steamable veggies and you have a meal with one pan to wash!! Bonus, some leftover wine to serve with dinner.
This is the Chicken Recipe perfect for anyone looking for an easy meal! Throw this bad boy in the oven (for Mother’s Day, Date Night, or just to impress for no reason!!!), pour a glass of wine and be prepared to get some praise for one of the easiest chicken recipes you will ever make.
Tips for Easy Baked Gluten-Free Chicken Cordon Bleu:
- I use a digital thermometer to ensure I cook my chicken to 165 degrees without over-cooking it. I HIGHLY recommend getting yourself one for even cooking.
- Stop by your deli and ask for 4 thin slices of ham and 4 thin slices of Swiss Cheese. You will have just enough for this recipe and it will cost you WAY LESS than if you were to buy a package of each. Plus it cuts down on food waste.
- If you don’t want to buy Swiss Cheese, you can use shredded Grueyere or another sharp cheese. Or if you have a block of Swiss Cheese, just shred that and sprinkle about an ounce over each chicken breast.
- If you have leftover holiday ham, this is is a great way to use leftover ham up as well.
- If you want a sauce to serve with this Chicken Cordon Bleu, after baking, remove chicken from dish, and pour juices into a sauce pan. Add in 1 teaspoon cornstarch and whisk in well and bring to a boil and let thicken.
- If you don’t want to use wine, chicken stock will work as well.
Be sure to check out all my Easy Healthy 30 Minute Family Meals!
Or if you are looking for Gluten free Recipes–check out my collection of Easy 30 Minute Gluten-Free Meals.
Let’s Make One Pan Chicken Cordon Bleu
Easy Baked Chicken Cordon Bleu
Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu--5 ingredient baked Chicken Cordon Bleu is one of the EASIEST, yet most impressive chicken recipes you will ever make. Gluten-Free. Low-Carb
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 small breasts)
- 4 slices swiss cheese or your preferred sharp cheese
- 4 slices nitrate free ham
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine I used Chardonnay
Preheat the oven to 375.
Place the chicken into a baking dish.
Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
Brush each chicken breast with the Dijon mustard.
Cover each piece of chicken with a slice of ham, topped with a slice of cheese.
Pour wine around chicken
Bake for 25 minutes (or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees.)