This Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie is the BEST Strawberry Smoothie! A creamy strawberry smoothie made with fresh strawberries, yogurt, and milk is taken to a new level when swirled with melted chocolate. Be prepared to be wowed!
Chocolate and strawberries are known to be a perfect match.
Strawberries in smoothies is also a classic combination.
Combining these two ingredients into one creates a Strawberry Smoothie that is swoon-worthy.
This Strawberry Smoothie is a rich and creamy drink that is swimming with protein and calcium from milk and yogurt and antioxidants from dark chocolate and strawberries. Which in my book, means this Strawberry Smoothie is HEALTHY and DELICIOUS.
How to Make a Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie
Step One: Melt Chocolate
- Place chocolate chunks/chips into glass bowl and microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring between intervals, until all chocolate is melted.
- Drizzle some of that melted chocolate along the sides of your serving glass.
Step Two: Prepare Strawberry Smoothie
- Blend together chopped strawberries milk, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract.
Step Three: Serve Strawberry Smoothie
- Evenly divide smoothie mixture between 4 glasses.
A few notes on this Strawberry Smoothie:
- You can use any chocolate you would like to in this smoothie. Even just chocolate syrup drizzled on the sides of the serving glasses is enough of a special touch--and SUPER easy!
- I use my homemade Greek yogurt in this smoothie, but any yogurt will work. Of course, you can use non-dairy yogurt and milk to keep this strawberry smoothie dairy-free. (Just be sure your chocolate is dairy-free as well.)
- I find that the strawberries and chocolate are enough to sweeten this strawberry smoothie, but if you like things really sweet, you can add in a few tablespoons of maple syrup to taste.
More Smoothie Recipes
- Mango Ginger Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
- Sweet Potato Smoothie
- Pina Colada Smoothie
- Dairy-Free Berry Smoothie
Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie
- 2 ounces dark chocolate cut into small chunks (or use dark chocolate chips)
- 8 ounces fresh strawberries
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until chocolate is melted.
- Drizzle 4 serving glasses with some of the melted chocolate.
- Place milk, strawberries, yogurt, and vanilla extract in a blender and blend until smooth.
- To serve divide the smoothie evenly between 4 glasses.
- If you like a sweeter strawberry smoothie, add 1-2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup to smoothie mixture before blending.
Christine | Mid-Life Croissant
Ha Kristen! Funny stories about your husband! I just have to go on record here and say I do NOT think skipping the chocolate disks is a good idea. Please, everyone, consider yourself warned. Thanks for linking up at #SaucySaturdays.
Ha! The chocolate disk is pretty amazing!
Easy Peasy Life Matters
This sounds heavenly!!! Pinned! Thanks for sharing on Let's Get Real 🙂
I think I just gained 10 lbs looking a this. Not because it's an unhealthy recipe, it actually looks healthy, but because I would drink 10 of these a day. Have to try this, thanks for sharing.
Ha!Ha! Well make them, and then invite others to share with you 🙂
Joy @ Joy Love Food
I love chocolate covered strawberries too, so I know I would them in smoothie form, great idea, these sound amazing!
This is just the smoothie for you!
Analida's Ethnic Spoon
My husband brings chocolate covered strawberries for each Valentine's Day and I think I am going to try this recipe! Love it!
What a great husband you have!
That would be a delicious dessert (or breakfast for me). And by the way I think we must be married to the same man. hahaha!
Michaela - An Affair from the Heart
This. Is. EPIC. I love chocolate covered strawberries, and to make them into a smoothie!?!? BRILLIANT! I hope your hubby pulls through for you this year! 😉 Valentine's day is m FAVORITE!
Thank you--you will love this smoothie. And I make the most of Valentine's Day regardless 🙂
Caroline | carolinescooking
I'm not sure I'e ever had a Valentine's day gift from my husband but then it's probably the same n reverse, though I do try to cook a special meal if I can - we're pretty useless here! However I am indeed wowed by your smoothie, it looks fantastic!
Thank you so much Caroline. And sometimes just a nice meal together is ALL you need.
Michelle @ A Dish of Daily Life
LOL...I have husband stories too. Although...he would probably say the same about me! Neither one of us is much of a romantic, so forgotten holidays are par for the course here. Your smoothie looks absolutely wonderful. I could go for that for breakfast ANY day of the week!
Well, as you can tell we have gotten used to forgotten holidays around here!
rachel @ athletic avocado
Oh my goodness, all the flavors of chocolate covered strawberry in a smoothie? I'll take that for breakfast everydayyyyyyy 🙂
Coming right up 🙂