A blend of kale, berries, and Pomegranate juice creates this Dairy-Free Berry Smoothie. This delicious smoothie serves up a huge dose of antioxidants while tasting absolutely refreshing.
I have a question for you, Are you and/or your kids afraid of green smoothies?
I know that green smoothies can scare some people–heck, at times I am afraid to try some of them and I LOVE my greens.
I am about to share with you a Berry Smoothie that is going to change your mind!
The fruit is key in this easy berry smoothie recipe. You want to give the smoothie sweetness to tempt the pickiest of eaters, but in a healthy way, plus the berries in this smoothie hide the color of the greens well.
- Juice: Pomegranate juice is key to adding flavor and sweetness to this berry smoothie.
- Greens: Use fresh or frozen kale or spinach. Just be sure to remove the hard stems of kale or spinach so that the greens break down easily in the blender.
- Berries: Any blend of fresh or frozen berries work for this smoothie. Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries–they are all delicious. I often opt for a frozen berry blend.
- Flaxseed Oil: This is a totally optional ingredient but it adds Omega Fatty Acids and additional fiber. Flaxseed oil also is a healthy fat and in order to fully absorb nutrients from fruits and veggies, you need to pair them with fat.
To Make the Smoothie
- Place the juice in a heavy-duty blender. It is really important to remember to add the juice first to your blender. If you add in the berries and/or kale first, the blender’s blades may get stuck on the solids and the smoothie will not be as smooth.
- Add in the berries, greens, and oil if using, to the blender.
- Blend until the berries and greens are completely broken down.
- Serve immediately, as the ingredients will begin to separate if left for any length of time.
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes
- 1 cup pomegrante juice
- 1 cup frozen berries blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, or a mixture of berries
- 1/2 cup kale or spinach
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed oil optional
- Place juice in the blender. Add in the berries, greens, and oil if using, and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- Use any berry or pomegranate juice you like. OR to keep this smoothie lower in sugar and gluten-free, use Coconut Water in place of the fruit juice.
- Frozen or fresh spinach/kale both work for this smoothie.
- The flaxseed oil is completely optional.