Mango Smoothie: An easy, healthy dairy free smoothie made with frozen mango and fresh ginger.
And that is why I LOVE this Mango Smoothie.
Healthy Mango Smoothie
This dairy free mango smoothie could not be more refreshing.
Frozen chunks of mango blended until creamy with orange juice and brought to life with freshly grated ginger. The spiciness of the fresh ginger really “wakes” the flavors up in the smoothie. Not to mention ginger is so good for you!
And in case you wanted one more reason to try this homemade mango smoothie concoction–ginger has benefits to help with digestive and sinus issues. So, if those summer pollen counts are getting to you, as they are me, or you have a bit of indigestion from the greasy burger you had last night–this smoothie may be just the key you need. And it is just so good you will NOT feel like you are consuming medicine!
This is a super simple pick-me up for an afternoon slump or a refreshing compliment to a spicy meal, like Instant Pot Jambalaya.
Notes on Homemade Mango Smoothie
- If you want to use fresh mango in place of frozen mango, that will work just as well. Your smoothie won’t be as thick, but just as tasty!
- Fresh grated ginger is what gives this mango smoothie it’s ZING, but you can omit if you don’t care for ginger flavor.
- Do not substitute ground ginger for the fresh ginger–the tastes are COMPLETELY different.
- Store fresh ginger for an indefinite amount of time by peeling and then placing in a freezer safe bag. You will be able to grate the ginger into any recipe, straight from the freezer.
- If you have leftover mango, you may want to try this Mango Avocado Salsa from Cupcakes and Kale Chips.
Mango Ginger Smoothie
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup diced frozen mango
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh peeled ginger
- Put the juice and mangoes into the blender.
- For the ginger, first, peel the skin off your fresh ginger with a pairing knife. Then you can easily grate the fresh ginger into the blender with the remaining ingredients--just estimate 2 teaspoons. It does not need to be exact. Pop your remaining ginger root into a freezer bag and pop into the freezer. You can grate from it frozen at anytime!
- Now blend the ingredients until smooth and creamy and serve.