Sweet Potato Smoothie: Sip on a delicious vegan smoothie loaded with warming spices and hints of maple this smoothie tastes just like sweet potato pie!
So yes, I am obsessed with Sweet Potato Recipes.
Vegan Sweet Potato Smoothie
I am not sure why it took me so long to create a Sweet Potato Smoothie recipe, because this easy vegan smoothie is just PERFECTION!!
I used my Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole as inspiration, and just like in my classic Thanksgiving side dish, I used maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg.
But to make this Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie creamy, I opted to use frozen bananas for their natural sweetness and coconut milk for it’s richness (Plus I had some left after making my Homemade Pina Coladas.)
Tip for freezing bananas for smoothies: peel ripe bananas, break into 1 inch chunks and freeze flat on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper. Once frozen solid, place in freezer bag and then pull out as many as needed at a time (they won’t clump together this way)
It is like you are sippin on Thanksgiving!
Tips on Easy Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie:
- I love the richness canned coconut milk gives to this smoothie, but you can use any non-dairy or even dairy milk you like.
- I find the banana adds just the right amount of sweetness and creaminess to the Sweet Potato Shake, however, if you need this smoothie to be sweeter, increase the amount of maple syrup used.
- If you have a tree nut allergy–do not top with walnuts or make using almond milk.
- To make sweet potato puree–roast sweet potatoes for 1 hour in the oven at 400 degrees. Scoop out the flesh of the sweet potato and puree in blender, food processor or by hand.
- If you don’t have sweet potato puree, you can use plain pumpkin puree.
More Sweet Potato Recipes
- Baked Eggs in Sweet Potatoes
- Baked Sweet Potato Nachos with Avocado Cilantro Cream (Gluten-Free)
- Healthy Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- Healthy Baked Sweet Potato Oatmeal
- Sweet Potato Pancakes with Spiced Apple Compote
- Instant Pot Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Bread from Salted Plains
Sweet Potato Smoothie Recipe
Sweet Potato Smoothie
A rich, creamy, vegan Sweet Potato smoothie that tastes just like sweet potato pie.
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree
- 1 banana frozen, and chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup canned lite coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
Place all ingredients, except for walnuts into blender and blend until smooth. Top with chopped walnuts and additional maple syrup if desired.