Filled with warming spices and hints of maple, Sweet Potato Smoothie tastes just as decadent as sweet potato pie, yet is healthy enough to be served at breakfast!
I am always on the lookout for a good smoothie recipe, and this Sweet Potato Smoothie is the perfect way to enjoy the flavors of fall in smoothie form.
In fact, this smoothie reminds me of a decadent slice of sweet potato pie. It is rich, creamy, and perfectly spiced.
Yet it also happens to be completely guilt-free! Sweetened naturally and packed full of vitamins and nutrients, this Sweet Potato smoothie is healthy, yet tastes as decadent as a Thanksgiving dessert. Perfection.
Notes on Ingredients
- Sweet Potato Puree: Use canned or homemade sweet potato puree. This is a great time to use leftover baked or Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes, as sweet potato puree is simply made by mashing or blending the flesh of baked sweet potatoes.
- Coconut Milk: Coconut milk adds richness to the smoothie and pairs exceptionally well with sweet potatoes, but you can use any non-dairy or dairy milk you like.
- Bananas: Frozen banana chunks help to sweeten this smoothie and make it thick and luscious, without the need for refined sugars.
- Maple Syrup: Not only does maple syrup help to sweeten the smoothie, but it also adds warmth and dimension to the overall flavor. And because maple syrup is so rich, a small amount goes a long way.
- Spices: Cinnamon, ground ginger, and nutmeg work to enhance the flavors of the sweet potato and add warmth to the smoothie.
Craving a Pumpkin Smoothie?
More Sweet Potato Recipes
- Sweet Potato Oatmeal
- Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Instant Pot Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sweet Potato Tacos
If you enjoyed this recipe for Sweet Potato Smoothie, I would love for you to leave a comment and review below.
Sweet Potato Smoothie
- Place coconut milk in a blender first. Add the sweet potato puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla, maple syrup, and bananas. Blend until smooth.
- Top with chopped walnuts and additional maple syrup if desired.