Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Sushi: Bananas are coated in peanut butter and dipped into a crunchy coating for a fun kid-friendly dessert “Sushi.”
I love the idea of picking up Sushi and hanging out watching TV with friends, BUT I hate it. I try it and gag. Seafood of ANY kind and I just don’t mix.
Okay, I take that back, I am recently learning I do love tuna with avocado, Asian Fish Tacos, and Tilapia Veracruz. Who knows, one day I may decide I like real sushi too, but still not there yet!
But Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana “Sushi” and I–well that is a totally different story!
Easy Chocolate Banana Roll: AKA Banana Sushi
Sub out fish, seaweed, and rice for banana, peanut butter and crisp rice cereal and this girl is in heaven!
Add chocolate into the mix–well–come on, EVERYONE wants to get on this snack train! I would happily finish every day with this concoction!
What kid would NOT want to come home to this after-school snack?
And as a mom–I LOVE that this treat is on the healthier side too–just a few mini chocolate chips thrown in for good measure!
Notes on Banana Sushi
- Dip the bananas in almond butter or sunflower seed butter and leave out the crushed peanuts if you prefer to avoid peanuts.
- Obviously the chocolate chips are optiona in this banana sushi–although, I think your kids would prefer you to leave them on!
- It is important to use bananas that are just ripe or slightly under ripe for banana sushi, so the banana is firm enough to roll in the peanut butter without falling apart.
- Get creative with this banana sushi. Roll in crushed pistachios, almonds, or crushed up candies like M&Ms or toffee bars. The options for banana sushi are endless.
- Leftover banana sushi? Freeze slices of banana sushi for a frozen sweet treat.
Make the kids (and adults) happy and serve up this fun spin on sushi.
Let’s Make Easy Banana Sushi:
Screen reader support enabled.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Sushi
- 4 bananas still relatively firm
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- In a shallow dish, heat up peanut butter for 30 seconds to become easier to spread.
- In another shallow dish combine cereal, chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Dip each banana into the peanut and coat fully, using a spoon if necessary to spread peanut butter over banana.
- Coat the banana with the cereal mixture.
- Transfer the banana to a plate and allow to set up in the fridge for 20 minutes or freezer for 5 minutes before slicing into 1 to 2 inch slices and serving.
More Kid Friendly Healthy Snacks