Made with only 5 ingredients, this Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip is OUTRAGEOUSLY good! This easy fruit dip is perfect for apples, pretzels and strawberries.
In case you don't know, college football is a SERIOUS event at my house.
We plan our weekends around big games. Actually, we spend the majority of Saturdays hosting football parties.
One thing I have ALWAYS loved about football is the food. I know you all are nodding your heads right now!
You are thinking about Cheesy Taco Dip, Smoky Jalapeno Poppers, and Boneless Chicken Wings aren't ya?
I thought so.
But what I am thinking about today is Buckeye Dip.
Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip
Yep, you can tell where my team alliance is, can't ya? But seriously, even if I was a Michigan fan, I would be all about this chocolate peanut butter dip--hello Chocolate Peanut Butter Perfection!!
And this yogurt fruit dip is only 5 ingredients (and healthy ingredients to boot)--so I can be in and out of the kitchen so fast, my husband won't even complain about the noise I am making when he is watching his beloved sport.
Ingredients in Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Peanut Butter
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Maple Syrup
How to Serve Yogurt Fruit Dip
I think this peanut butter yogurt dip is best served with pretzels for a sweet and salty perfect bite. But graham crackers, strawberries, and apple slices work as well. Heck, just a spoon does the job too.
- Apple Slices
- Graham Crackers
- Chocolate Wafer Cookies
Notes on Greek Yogurt Peanut Butter Dip
- I used natural peanut butter for this dip, you can certainly use any peanut butter you like. Even crunchy peanut butter would add a nice texture to this peanut butter yogurt dip.
- I also strongly suggest plain Greek yogurt when making this yogurt dip. Can you use regular yogurt? Yes, but the dip will be less thick and harder to dip pretzels and fruit into it.
- Can you use Vanilla Greek yogurt in this Buckeye Dip? Yes, but then omit the maple syrup and vanilla extract. This yogurt dip will be a lot sweeter.
How to keep fruit from browning
I love to serve peanut butter yogurt dip with fresh apples and strawberries. But how do you keep the apples from browning?
Yes, you can slice the apples and dip in lemon juice.
BUT I strongly recommend slicing your apples and cover them with pineapple juice. The vitamin C in the pineapple juice will help the apples stay crisp and bright and add a nice sweet flavor, verses the tartness that lemon juice leaves on the apples. Just leave your apples in pineapple juice until right before serving with the peanut butter dip.
More Peanut Butter Chocolate Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Coffee
Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Mix all ingredients together. Chill for 1 hour for maxiumum flavor, but can eat right away.
- Serve pretzels, crackers, cookies, or fruit.
Julie @ Back To My Southern Roots
I definitely need to make some of this! Looks so yummy!
I hope you do Julie, it is my favorite 🙂
Megan @ MegUnprocessed
This is creative! Great photos!
Thanks so much Megan!