5 Ingredient Buckeye Dip: 5 simple ingredients come together to create a dip that is healthy, yet decadent tasting peanut butter yogurt dip. This easy fruit dip is perfect for apples, pretzels and strawberries.
In case you don’t know, college football is a SERIOUS event at my house.
We plan our weekends around big games. Actually, we spend the majority of Saturdays hosting football parties.
Unless there is a big Buckeye game on. Then my husband INSISTS we watch the game alone. Preferably him on the big screen and the kids and I in another room.
He sounds a bit like a crazy fan don’t ya think?!
But I married the man that way, and even though I did not grow up with a love of college football–I have one now. He has rubbed off on me. Well that and the fact we have lived in the south for more than a decade where football seems more important than just about anything–HA!!
One thing I have ALWAYS loved about football is the food. I know you all are nodding your heads right now!
I thought so.
But what I am thinking about today is Buckeye Dip.
Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip
Yep, you can tell where my team alliance is, can’t ya? But seriously, even if I was a Michigan fan, I would be all about this chocolate peanut butter dip–hello Chocolate Peanut Butter Perfection!!
And this yogurt fruit dip is only 5 ingredients (and healthy ingredients to boot)–so I can be in and out of the kitchen so fast, my husband won’t even complain about the noise I am making when he is watching his beloved sport.
I think this peanut butter yogurt dip is best served with pretzels for a sweet and salty perfect bite. But graham crackers, strawberries, and apple slices work as well. Heck, just a spoon does the job too.
Seriously–you all MUST try this dip.
Even my husband can be consoled from a loss with a bowl of this dip.
Okay, scratch that, that was a lie. I don’t think anything gets him over a loss, but that is his problem. Buckeye Dip gets me out of the worst of funks, that is for sure.
Notes on Greek Yogurt Peanut Butter Dip:
- I used natural peanut butter for this dip, you can certainly use any peanut butter you like. Even crunchy peanut butter would add a nice texture to this peanut buttter yogurt dip.
- I also strongly suggest plain Greek yogurt when making this yogurt dip. Can you use regular yogurt? Yes, but the dip will be less thick and harder to dip pretzels and fruit into it.
- Can you use Vanilla Greek yogurt in this Buckeye Dip? Yes, but then omit the maple syrup and vanilla extract. This yogurt dip will be a lot sweeter.
A tip on how to keep fruit from browning when serving this Fruit Yogurt Tip:
I love to serve peanut butter yogurt dip with fresh apples and strawberries.
But how do you keep the apples from browning?
Yes, you can slice the apples and dip in lemon juice. BUT I strongly recommend slicing your apples and cover them with pineapple juice. The vitamin C in the pineapple juice will help the apples stay crisp and bright and add a nice sweet flavor, verses the tartness that lemon juice leaves on the apples. Just leave your apples in pineapple juice until right before serving with the peanut butter dip.
Let’s make Buckeye Dip!!!
5 simple ingredients is all you need to make this healthy peanut butter yogurt dip.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Mix all ingredients together. Chill for 1 hour for maxiumum flavor, but can eat right away.
Serve pretzels, crackers, cookies, or fruit.
If you like this Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip, you may also like:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies
For more ideas for foods suited for Game Day Eats:
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Sausage Pizza Dip from Family Foodie
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake