This Easy Poppy Seed Dressing is sweet and slightly tangy and a perfect compliment to so many salads! Make this Healthy Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing and liven up your salads without any guilt!
This homemade poppy seed dressing is delicious paired with a Strawberry Spinach Salad! If you are looking for more homemade salad dressings, check out my Raspberry Vinaigrette. Use leftover poppy seeds for Healthy Chicken Poppy Seed Casserole.
A friend of mine makes the best Poppy Seed Dressing. It is super creamy, sweet, tangy, and full of flavor.
It is also full of sugar and mayo. So I have lightened it up and kept all the delicious flavors that Poppy Seed Dressing is known for. And for the record, my friend now only makes MY version of poppy seed dressing.
Easy Poppy Seed Dressing
Like I said, I was first introduced to poppy seed dressing by my friend. She actually made this dressing for a simple strawberry salad for my baby shower. And I fell in love!
This simple salad dressing comes together quickly and pairs beautifully with spring and summer salads. It is balanced with sweet and tangy flavors and bit of savory notes.
Ingredients in Poppy Seed Dressing
- Champagne Vinegar–feel free to use Apple Cider or White Wine Vinegar in it’s place
- Greek yogurt
- Whole Grain Mustard
- Poppy seeds
The secret to the BEST poppy seed dressing is a little bit of grated shallot. The mild onion flavor of the shallot helps to balance out the sweetness of the dressing.
How to Make Poppy Seed Dressing
- Whisk together the vinegar, honey, Greek yogurt, mustard, poppy seeds, grated shallot and salt together..
- Using a mircroplane, grate 1 teaspoon of shallot into the dressing.
- In place of the shallot, feel free to use 1/2 teaspoon onion powder. It will not be the same, but it works to add depth the salad dressing
- Taste to adjust salt.
This poppy seed dressing does not need any oil–making it all the more healthy!
How To Store Poppy Seed Dressing
Homemade Poppy Seed Dressing will last in the fridge in a sealed container for about 10 days. You will want to give the dressing a good shake before using on salads before each use.
Serve Poppy Seed Dressing
Salad Dressing Recipes
Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/3 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar or white or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon shallot grated
- Whisk together Greek yogurt, mustard, vinegar, honey, poppy seeds, and salt.
- Grate in shallot using a microplane and then whisk to incorporate.
- Store in the fridge for up to 10 days.
- Feel free to use mayonnaise in place of Greek yogurt.
- White vinegar or apple cider vinegar can be used in place of champagne vinegar.
To Make Poppy Seed Dressing, You May Need
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of A Mind Full Mom!