Taco pizza is made with refried beans, taco meat, and cheese for a delicious spin on pizza night. This copy-cat version of Papa Murphy’s Taco Pizza is going to be LOVED by your family!
Raise your hand if you LOVE tacos?
Raise your hand if you LOVE pizza?
So it just makes sense that Taco Pizza is a good thing. A really good thing.
I remember the first time I had Taco Pizza. It was during a football game that my parents were watching with my aunts and uncles and my Dad had picked up a Papa Murphy’s Taco Pizza.
This Mexican Taco Pizza was made with refried beans, taco meat, and cheddar cheese that we topped with tomatoes lettuce and sour cream.
It was love at first bite–for my whole family.
But when I started making Taco pizza at home–GAME CHANGER!!!
Taco pizza is extremely easy and tastes SO good! Bonus is that I often make Taco pizza from my leftovers.
How to Make Homemade Taco Pizza
Step One: Prepare your Pizza Dough
- Roll out your pizza dough onto a 12 inch round pizza pan.
- Use homemade pizza dough, or your favorite your store bought pizza dough.
Step Two: Top your Taco Pizza
- Spread an even layer of refried beans over your pizza dough.
- Sprinkle with even layer of taco meat.
- Dollop salsa over pizza.
- Cover with cheese.
Step Three: Bake Taco Pizza
- Bake your taco pizza until golden brown and bubbly.
Step Four: Top Taco Pizza
- Slice up and serve this taco pizza with with your favorite taco toppings.
A Few Notes about Mexican Pizza:
- Use homemade pizza dough or store-bought dough. For this recipe you will need about 1 pound of dough.
- I use homemade refried beans, but canned fat free refried beans or refried black bean work as well.
- Diced avocado, diced tomatoes, fresh salsa, shredded lettuce, sliced olives, cilantro, diced onions, etc all make great toppings for Taco Pizza. I love to use a bit of Greek yogurt or sour cream to drizzle over pizza as well. Just be sure to top pizza right before serving.
More Pizza Recipes
- English Muffin Pizzas
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Strawberry Pizza
- Pita Pizza
- Tomato Pizza
- Easy White Spinach Pizza
Taco Pizza Recipe
- 1 pound pizza dough
For the Pizza
- 1/2 cup taco meat
- 1 cup refried beans
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
For the Toppings
- lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, olives, sour cream
For the Pizza Dough
- Combine the water and yeast and let sit for about 5 minutes in a large mixing bowl (or bowl of your stand mixer with dough hook attached.
- Mix in the honey and oil. Add the flour and salt slowly and mix in as you go. With dough hook or large spatula mix together dough until well combined.
- Once mixed, knead for 5 minutes by hand on a lightly floured surface or with your dough hook on low-medium speed.
- Place dough in oiled bowl and cover and leave in warm spot for 20-30 minutes.
For the Mexican Pizza
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out your pizza dough onto a lightly greased pizza pan.
- Mix together the leftover meat, salsa, and beans and spread over your pizza dough. Top with cheese. Bake for 15-18 minutes until crust is cooked through and cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
For this Copycat Taco Pizza Recipe I recommend:
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of A Mind Full Mom!
Latest posts by Kristen Chidsey (see all)
- Easy Mulled Wine - November 21, 2019
- Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Sweet Potatoes - November 20, 2019
- Orange Glazed Carrots - November 19, 2019