This Mediterranean Couscous Salad makes a perfect light lunch, meatless meal, or side dish. Prepared with tomatoes, spinach, white beans, and fresh lemon juice, this fresh Mediterranean style dish is not only delicious, it is easy to make.
I often find myself looking for easy, healthy side dishes to serve my family at dinner time.
Couscous makes a perfect side dish for busy nights, as it cooks in just minutes. But it can be a bit boring when simply cooked alone.
However, when paired with fresh tomatoes, spinach, white beans, and a fresh lemon dressing, couscous is no longer boring. In fact, this light couscous salad can easily become the star of dinner!
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
There is nothing complicated about making couscous salad. But the trick to making couscous taste good, is the seasonings.
Lemon juice, olive oil, and fresh tomatoes flavor the couscous perfectly. While spinach add nutrients and white beans make this couscous salad a bit heartier.
How to Make Couscous Salad
Step One: Prepare Couscous
- Bring stock to a boil.
- Add in couscous, white beans, and spinach and mix well.
- Turn off heat and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Step Two: Prepare Dressing for Couscous Salad
- Whisk together juice of lemon with olive oil, salt and red pepper flakes.
Step Three: Prepare Toppings for Couscous
- Slice kalamative olives.
- Half cherry or grape tomatoes
- Slice up roasted red peppers.
Step Four: Assemble Couscous Salad
- Toss cooked couscous with dressing and toppings.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese if desired.
A Few Notes on Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- Feel free to use fresh or frozen spinach in this easy side dish.
- Couscous salad can be served warm or cold.
- Omit the feta cheese for Dairy Free Couscous Salad, or change it up and use Parmesan Cheese.
- White beans are optional, but add a lot of texture, fiber and heartiness to this easy couscous side dish.
More Pasta Salad Recipes
Couscous Salad Recipe
Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- 6 ounces whole grain couscous
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups fresh spinach or 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 2 cups white beans
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Kalamative Olives sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers sliced
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
For the Lemon Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- Bring vegetable stock to a boil.
- Stir in couscous, white beans, and spinach to boiling stock and cover. Turn off heat and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Once couscous is cooked, fluff with a fork and stir in olives, peppers, and tomatoes.
- Mix together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Pour lemon dressing over couscous and toss well. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature.
- If using frozen spinach, add before bringing stock to a boil.