If you are looking for an Easy Lasagna recipe you have just found it! This Easy Homemade Lasagna may not be traditional, but it is still delicious and ready with only 5 minutes of prep! Lasagna made without pre-boiling noodles or browning meat–talk about EASY!
My son adores lasagna and requests it every single year for his birthday.
It reminds me of myself, as I loved my mom’s traditional lasagna and requested that each year for my birthday as well while I was growing up.
However, my son does not want my mom’s recipe for lasagna that takes hours to prepare, he always requests my weeknight lasagna recipe that is BEYOND easy to prepare
Easy Homemade Lasagna
This quick lasagna could NOT be easier to prepare–there is no boiling of noodles, no browning of meat, and only 5 minutes of prep.
Yes, that means lasagna is possible on even the busiest of nights!
Ingredients in Easy Lasagna
- Regular Lasagna Noodles
- You do NOT need no-boil noodles for this recipe.
- Either whole wheat or regular noodles work.
- Spaghetti Sauce
- I love to use my homemade tomato sauce, but your favorite jarred sauce works.
- Just remember the better the flavor of the sauce, the better your lasagna will taste.
- Cottage Cheese
- I know this is NOT traditional, but I personally love the tang and texture of cottage cheese in lasagna.
- Feel free to use ricotta in place of cottage cheese.
- I use a mixture of mozzarella and Parmesan to top this Lasagna recipe.
- I do not add cheese to the lasagna filling, but feel free to add up to 1 cup for a cheesier lasagna.
- This is the ODD ball. But I am telling you the zing of the pepperoni adds just the right meaty flavor to this Easy Lasagna.
- Look for nitrate free, organic pepperoni if you can.
- Feel free to omit pepperoni or use 1/2 to 1 pound ground meat in it’s place.
How to Make The World’s Easiest Lasagna
Brush a 9×13 pan with olive oil.
- Mix together 3 cups spaghetti sauce with 1 cup of water.
- This added water will account for NOT boiling the noodles.
Mix the cottage cheese together with the herbs, garlic, egg and 1 cup additional mozzarella cheese if desired.
Spread the bottom of the lasagna pan with a thin layer of tomato sauce.
Place noodles over the sauce to form the bottom layer.
Top the noodles with 1/2 the cottage cheese mixture.
Top with a layer of pepperoni.
Cover the layer of pepperoni with 1 cup sauce.
Repeat the process, ending with a final layer of the tomato sauce.
- Top the final layer of sauce with shredded cheese.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
Remove foil and continuing baking for 15 minutes.
Let sit for 10 minutes or so, before devouring!
Substitutions for Lasagna Recipe
- Don’t have pepperoni?
- Use browned sausage or beef.
- Or omit the meat altogether and keep this a meatless lasagna.
- You love cheese?
- Pile it on the top of the lasagna and add 1 cup to the cottage cheese mixture.
- Is your stomach is a little sensitive to cheese or you are watching your calories?
- Just omit the cheese from the filling (as I do) and top with minimal cheese on top.
- Have fresh herbs?
- Toss them in the cottage cheese filling.
- You don’t have cottage cheese–or you think it is a sin to use cottage cheese in lasagna?
- Use ricotta cheese in place of cottage cheese.
- Even tofu, Greek yogurt, or cream cheese works in this easy lasagna recipe.
I am giving you options. This is the best way to cook to save money and meet your satisfy your family’s palate.
More Lasagna Recipes
- Pierogi Lasagna
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna
- Baked Ravioli Lasagna
- Healthy Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna
- Easy Pizza Lasagna Roll Ups
- Instant Pot Lasagna
Let’s Make Easy Lasagna
Easy Homemade Lasagna
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 12 whole wheat lasagna noodles uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 cups homemade tomato sauce or your favorite store brand
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese grated
- 3 oz nitrate free pepperoni
- Brush a 9x13 pan with olive oil.
- Mix together tomato sauce with 1 cup water.
- Mix the cottage cheese with fresh and dried spices and garlic with egg.
- Spread a thin layer of the tomato sauce on the bottom of the pan. Lay 4 noodles down. Top with 1/2 the cottage cheese mixture, followed by half the pepperoni. Top with 1 cup sauce. Lay 4 more noodles down and the spread with the remaining cottage cheese mixture and then top with the remaining pepperoni. Top with 1 cup sauce and 4 more noodles. Pour the remaining sauce over the noodles and top with the cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continuing baking for 15 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes or so, before devouring!!