Baked Ravioli Lasagna: A creative twist on traditional lasagna that features frozen ravioli, tangy marinara, and a creamy filling made with cottage cheese and fresh spinach, this ravioli lasagna comes together in minutes and will be your family’s new favorite way to enjoy pasta!
Yesterday, my son turned 10–that is DOUBLE DIGITS!
I am still in state of shock.
It seems like only yesterday I laid in a hospital bed for days and waited patiently for my son to arrive into this world, after being 9 days late!
When Tate entered this world, I fell so head over heels in love my heart felt like it was going to burst. I could write story after story about how this sweet boy has enriched my life and taught me so much. But bottom line–I am blessed to be his mom!
And for his birthday, this sweet boy almost always requests Ravioli Lasagna.
Easy Ravioli Lasagna
Who can you blame the kid that he is in love with this ravioli lasagna?
Tender cheese ravioli is swimming in homemade marinara, that is layered with a seasoned cottage cheese and spicy pepperoni. And to boot, I make this lasagna in individual ramekins, so the dish has restaurant presentation, making my son feel like a King on his birthday.
Personally, I am elated that my son loves this ravioli lasagna so much. Not only is it so easy to put together, it is a cheese and pasta lover’s dream come true. Which I admit fully to being both.
So let’s fire up the ovens and whisk ourselves away to a little villa in Italy. I may even pour myself a glass of wine–I deserve it after 10 years of being a Mommy, right?!
How to Make Ravioli Lasagna
It is incredibly easy to make this ravioli lasagna–you don’t even need to defrost your frozen ravioli!
- Mix together cottage cheese, egg, and spices and spinach if using.
- Grease 4 (8 ounce) ramekins with olive oil.
- Spread a layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of each ramekin.
- Layer ravioli on bottom of ramekin, overlapping slightly. For small ravioli, I find 5 is the magic number, for large ravioli, 3 works perfectly.
- Top with cottage cheese mixture and 3 slices of pepperoni if using.
- Add 1 tablespoon of marinara and top with an additional layer of ravioli.
- Finish with 2-3 more tablespoons of marinara and cover each ramekin with foil.
- After baking, allow each mini ravioli bake to cool for 10 minutes and then loosen sides with butter knife.
- Invert the ravioli lasagna onto a plate (place the plate on top of the ramekin and then flip upside down.)
- Serve with additional marinara sauce and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Let’s say that you want a SUPER easy, but still super tasty ravioli lasagna–which, let’s be honest, that is going to be 99.9% of the time.
Skip the individual baked ravioli lasagnas, and make a ravioli casserole.
Instead of layering the cheese ravioli and cottage cheese filling in ramekins, layer the ingredients in a 2 quart or 8×8 casserole dish and you will have an easy family dinner ready in no time! And I promise the ravioli bake, is just as tasty as individual lasagnas!
- Grease your casserole dish with olive oil.
- Cover bottom of dish with a layer of marinara sauce.
- Top marinara with a layer of ravioli, overlapping slightly.
- Spread cottage cheese mixture over ravioli.
- Top with pepperoni if using and then another thin layer of marinara.
- Finish the ravioli lasagna with another layer of ravioli and a generous layer of marina sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake.
Substitutions and Notes for Cheese Ravioli Lasagna Bake
- Any ravioli will work. Refrigerated or frozen. Meat filled, cheese filled, spinach filled. For fresh ravioli, cut cooking time by 10 minutes.
- I love the bite that pepperoni gives to this ravioli bake, but often make it without for a vegetarian version of ravioli lasagna.
- Don’t like spinach? Leave it out. You can also use 1/2 cup frozen spinach defrosted and drained.
- Because I use cheese ravioli, you do not need to add a layer of mozzarella cheese to the top of the lasagna. Simply topping with freshly grated Parmesan is just the right amount of cheese needed and allows the the flavors of the marinara and ravioli to shine.
- Feel free to use any jarred marinara sauce you like in place of my homemade tomato sauce.
More Must Try Lasagna Recipes
- Lasagna Cupcakes
- Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna (Noodleless)
- Easy Homemade Lasagna
- Easy Pizza Lasagna Roll Ups
- Pierogi Lasagna
- Mexican Lasagna
Let’s Make Baked Ravioli
Switch out traditional lasagna noodles for cheese ravioli to make a delicious, cheesy, Baked Ravioli Lasagna.
- 1 16 ounce package fresh or frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg whisked
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 cup fresh spinach chopped
- 12 slices nitrate free pepperoni optional
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- Parmesan cheese for serving.
- olive oil for greasing
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix together cottage cheese, egg, spices, and spinach. Set aside.
Grease 4 8 ounce ramekins with olive oil. Add 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce and spread over bottom of dish. Place a layer of ravioli over the sauce, layering slightly to cover bottom of dish. Spread 2 tablespoons cottage cheese mixture over ravioli and then top with 3-4 slices of pepperoni. Top with an additional 2 tablespoons of marinara and repeat layers. Top with one final layer of ravioli and 1 tablespoon marinara sauce.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for additional 10 minutes.
Let rest for 10-15 minutes.
To serve, loosen sides of lasagna by running a butter knife around the ramekin. Place a plate over the ramekin and flip out the lasagna.
Sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese.
If using fresh ravioli, decrease cooking time by 10 minutes total.
Feel free to use frozen spinach, just defrost and wring out excess moisture. And it would be 1/3-1/2 cup frozen spinach after defrosting.
FOR THIS RAVIOLI LASAGNA RECIPE I RECOMMEND:
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of A Mind Full Mom!
This recipe has been updated with new pictures on my son’s 13th birthday–time keeps flying!