Bacon Wrapped Dates
Have you tried these little gems before?
If you have, then you know what kind of CRAZY good I am about to talk about.
If you have not–well, it is time to jump on this train! The little bites are salty, sweet, chewy, and crunchy. I mean seriously, they create a party in your mouth.
AND they are the perfect thing to bring to a party. Well, only if you want to be told these are the ONLY things you are to ever bring and people may cry when they disappear.
I do. Seriously.
But enough about me crying, let me tell you why these are PERFECT for your next party.
- They can be made in minutes.
- They only have 3 ingredients!! YES, 3!!
- They will make you the most popular person at the party.
Let’s talk about the players:
- Whole Dates: Buy them in pitted.
- Almonds: If you need to be nut-free just skip them, this will still be good without the nuts, REALLY good.
- Bacon: I use an all natural, nitrate free bacon.
The process is simple. Open up a date (you will find a small slit where the pit was removed). Place an almond in the date. wrap the date in 1/2 of strip of bacon that has been par-cooked and place on a baking sheet. Bake. Devour.
Tip Be sure to soak your tooth picks in water for 30 minutes before assembling and skewer the bacon to the date while baking.
What if you forget this step? No problem….just place your bacon seam side down on baking sheet, without the toothpick. It you want your guests to be able to pick them up using a toothpick, you can skewer them after baking.
This is what you have. The most perfect combination of sweet and salty you have ever put in your mouth.
Try to resist before you guests arrive not to eat the entire tray. If you have to take them with you somewhere, you may need to put them under lock and key.
I am just being real with you. I think I ate 6 while taking pictures.
So if you are ready to be the person at the party with the most beloved dish–make these up.
- 24 whole pitted dates
- 24 whole almonds
- 12 slices of Bacon, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place 1 almond in each date (into slit where pit was removed).
- Cut each strip of bacon in half. Wrap one piece of cut bacon around date. Either secure with a pre-soaked toothpick, or place seam side down on a baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until bacon is crisp.
- If you need to make these prior to serving. Assemble and refrigerate until ready to bake. Bake right before serving or bake and then reheat in microwave for 2 mintues.