This winter fruit salad is a colorful variety of fresh fruit tossed with a honey-lime dressing that marries the fruit together perfectly. Super festive with red and green fruits, this healthy fruit salad is perfect for Christmas.
This festive fruit salad is the perfect option for the holidays. Bursting with vibrant green and red fruits, this salad is not only perfect for Christmas, but it is also easy to make and makes a healthier option to help balance out all the indulgences of the holidays.
And while this salad is themed with Christmas colors and made with fruits that are easy to find in the winter, it does not need to be reserved for JUST the holidays.
This light and fresh fruit salad is a lovely addition to any gathering--think pot-lucks, picnics, brunches, showers. And of course those holiday parties! With just a little bit of prep, and no cooking required--this simple fruit salad is one the easiest dishes to bring to any gathering!
Key Tips for Preparing Fruit Salad
- It is best to assemble this fruit salad the day you intend to serve it. At most, prepare no more than 24 hours in advance.
- The addition of honey and lime juice is completely optional. It helps give the fruit a bright burst of additional flavor but is still delicious when omitted.
- Use any red or green fruits you like. If you select red or green apples, let the apples soak in pineapple juice for at least 30 minutes, and up to 24 hours, before adding to the fruit salad to help prevent the apples from browning.
- Fresh fruit is best. If you have frozen fruit, be sure to thaw fully before assembling the salad.
- Think about your serving dish. A shallow bowl or a glass dish makes a great option to show off the beautiful fruit.
More Festive Christmas Recipes
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies
- Reindeer Cookies
- Christmas Tree Deviled Eggs
- Holiday Salad
- Candy Cane Pizza
- Reindeer Pretzels
I hope that you and your family enjoy this easy fruit salad--whether to celebrate the holidays or just because. And if you give it a try, please be sure to leave a comment below.
Christmas Fruit Salad
- 4 cups green grapes
- 4 kiwi peeled and cut into half moons
- 2 cups strawberries cut into quarters
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lime
- In a small mixing bowl combine the honey and juice from one lime. If you find it is hard to mix, heat for 15 seconds in the microwave and mix again.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the grapes, kiwi, strawberries, raspberries, and pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle the honey mixture over the fruit, and gently toss together.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 24 hours before serving.
- The honey lime mixture is completely optional. This fruit salad is delicious served without the dressing.
- Be sure to wash and dry our fruits really well before preparing this fruit salad.
- This salad is best assembled no more than 24 hours in advance, as the fruit will begin to break down and get soft.