Transform ordinary deviled eggs into a festive Holiday appetizer with a few simple steps. These Christmas Tree Deviled Eggs are sure to stand out as an adorable and delicious appetizer perfect for any Christmas Party.
Deviled eggs are a traditional appetizer perfect for all Holidays.
But when you dress up deviled eggs to resemble Christmas Trees, you are left with an appetizer that will impress anyone!
Christmas Tree Deviled Eggs
These savory deviled eggs are an impressive appetizer to bring to any holiday party. And while these deviled eggs look hard to make, they are really quite easy!
What I love, and what you are going to love, about these Christmas tree deviled eggs is their flavor and the fact that my standard for wholesome ingredients has not been compromised.
I used 100% natural food coloring to achieve my bright green Christmas tree–my family appreciated that I didn’t play around with adding spinach or pesto to my deviled egg filling, as I originally intended–but pesto deviled eggs do sound quite tasty to me! But this food coloring is a great way to have some fun without adding chemicals to your food.
How to Make Christmas Deviled Eggs
Step One: Hard Boil Eggs
- Hands down, I prefer using my Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs, as it is the BEST way to hard boil eggs.
- If you don’t have a pressure cooker, hard boil your eggs on the stove-top.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Add a teaspoon of baking soda (my mom taught me this helps with peeling the shells and I seem to think it does).
- Bring to a rapid boil and then cover the pan with a lid.
- Turn OFF the heat, and set the timer for 12 minutes.
- After the 12 minutes has passed, place eggs in cold water to stop the cooking process.
Step Two: Remove Yolks from Eggs
- Slice open eggs and scoop out the yolk into a large bowl.
- I find a melon baller a very helpful tool for this process.
Step Three: Make Deviled Egg Filling
- Mix together egg yolks with mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard and seasonings until smooth.
- Take out 2 tablespoons of deviled egg filling and set aside.
- Add 3-4 drops natural green food coloring to the remaining egg filling.
Step Four: Pipe the Tree Unto the Egg White
- Place the green filling into a sandwich bag and cut a corner off the side –or use a piping bag fitted with medium circle.
- Fill the egg white cavity with the green filling. Once the cavity is filled, go back and forth over the egg to create a triangle shape that will become the Christmas tree.
Step Five: Add the Star to the Tree
- Place the reserved yellow mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star tip , or plastic bag fitted with star tip, and add squeeze on the top of each tree, to create the star.
Step Six: Decorate the Christmas Tree
- To make ornaments, dollop out little dots of sriracha sauce.
- And for the base of the tree, use a half a kalamata olive as the trunk.
And there you have your Christmas Tree Deviled egg–a fun addition to any party.
More Holiday Appetizers
- Italian Cheesy Bites from the Fed Up Foodie
- Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Simple Greek Pinwheels
- Lasagna Cupcakes
- Antipasto Skewers
Christmas Deviled Eggs Recipe
Christmas Tree Deviled Eggs
- Peel eggs and cut in half. Scoop out the yolks and add to a mixing bowl. Add in the yogurt, mayo, mustard, onion powder, garlic powder and salt. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the mixture for stars.
- Dye the remaining filling green.
- Place the green filling into a piping bag and pipe the filling into the cavity of the egg and then make a Triangle shape on the top of the egg, by moving your piping bag slowly side to side--to make it look like branches.
- Dollop each tree with a yellow star, by using a piping bag fitted with a star attachment.
- Dot sriracha over the tree for ornaments and finish with an olive half for the base of the tree.
- These Christmas Tree Deviled Eggs can be prepared up to decorating the tree, 2 days in advance. (Store in Refrigerator)
- When ready to serve, add ornaments and base of tree.
To Make Christmas Deviled Eggs, You May Need:
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of A Mind Full Mom!