Healthy Homemade Granola: A simple homemade granola made with coconut, oats, chia seeds, and maple syrup. This Coconut Chia Granola is filled with plant-based nutrients and is vegan and gluten-free.
How I love granola. It is such a versatile thing to have on hand.
Granola provides crunch to creamy dishes such as yogurt, makes a great topping for a fruit crisp, or is a wonderful addition to cereal–both cold and warm varieties. I love a touch of granola sprinkled on top of oatmeal.
Healthy Homemade Granola
Granola is one of those things that is hard to buy.
It is either filled with added sugars, sodium, and preservatives, or it costs an arm and a leg.
However, making granola at home is not only easy, but super economical. It can also be customized to fit what your preference and what you have in the pantry.By making it at home, you can can control what you put into it and make if for pennies.
Healthy Granola Ingredients
- Oats: A whole grain rich in fiber and is known to help lower blood pressure. Be sure to check out all my Oats Recipes.
- Chia Seeds: Rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Coconut Oil: A healthier fat that is free of cholesterol
- Maple Syrup: Lower glycemic index and rich in calcium, magnesium, and iron.
How to Make Homemade Granola
Making granola at home could not be any simpler.
- Mix ingredients together for granola.
- Spread out on large sheet pan.
- Bake until toasted and golden.
Tips for Homemade Granola
- If you are not a fan of maple syrup, replace with honey instead (just remember it will not longer be a vegan granola recipe)
- You can add dried fruits to this homemade granola AFTER granola has toasted in the oven.
- Coconut oil gives this granola it’s signature taste, but feel free to replace with a neutral oil like canola.
- Feel free to leave out coconut or chia seeds in this granola recipe.
Use Homemade Granola With
- Instant Pot Yogurt
- Strawberry Chia Yogurt Parfait
- Instant Pot Oatmeal
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Sushi (roll the “sushi” in the granola instead of rice cereal.)
Homemade Granola Recipe
Healthy Homemade Granola
A homemade granola recipe made with shredded coconut, chia and oats.
- 3 cups oats
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Mix together oats, chia seeds, coconut, cinnamon and salt until well combined.
Add in coconut oil and maple syrup and toss until the dry mixtures is coated with syrup and oil.
Spread out onto large cooking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
Allow to cool and store in airtight container.