English Muffin Pizzas are a super easy recipe that kids absolutely love! Serve for a quick lunch or snack, or prep in advance and freeze for a quick treat that is always on hand!
If you want to see kids smile, make these English Muffin Pizzas.
I still remember the smiles these mini pizzas brought to my face when I was a child, as my mom made them often.
Now I make them for my own kids and whether for lunch, an after-school snack, OR just a quick, lazy dinner, these English Muffin Pizzas always get devoured.
This "recipe" is almost too easy to share. BUT I am always asked for easy, kid-friendly recipes and English Muffin Pizza always hit a home run.
How To Make English Muffin Pizza
While this recipe is incredibly easy, be sure to follow my tips for how to get a perfect crispy "crust" and make the best-tasting English Muffin Pizza.
- Separate the English Muffins into halves and place them onto a baking sheet, nook, and crannies side up.
- Drizzle with olive oil and then sprinkle with garlic powder and dried oregano. This extra step really gives these English Muffins pizzas great flavor.
- Toast the English Muffins until the tops are JUST browned. This extra step of toasting the English muffins before topping them with your sauce and cheese will really keep these English Muffin pizzas from getting soggy.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pizza or tomato sauce on each English muffin half.
- Top each English muffin generously with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- If desired, add additional pizza toppings such as pepperoni, olive, peppers, sausage, etc.
- Return the pizzas to the oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and browned slightly.
- Serve immediately or allow it to cool to freeze for meal prep.
I prefer the taste and texture of English muffin pizzas when prepared in the oven. However, in a bind, you can use a microwave to prepare them.
- If you desire a crisp crust, toast each English Muffin Half in a toaster first.
- Top the toasted English muffin with pizza sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Add any toppings as desired.
- Microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
- Allow them to cool slightly before enjoying.
How to Freeze English Muffin Pizzas
I love to make a large batch of these pizzas and then freeze them to pull out for quick after-school snacks, school lunches, or for my older kids to have on hand to reheat themselves when the craving strikes.
- Once baked as directed, allow the pizzas to cool on the baking sheet.
- Place cooled baking sheet into the freezer for 20-30 minutes, or until frozen solid.
- Remove pizzas from the baking sheet and place them in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag.
- Store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To reheat from frozen, place the pizzas on a sheet pan and bake at 425-degrees F for 10 minutes or until warmed through. Alternatively, microwave for 1 minute.
How to Pack for School Lunches
An English Muffin Pizza makes a great option for school lunches.
The best way to pack in a lunch box is to place a frozen or cold English Muffin Pizza or two into a sandwich bag or lunch container and place it in a lunch box, along with an ice pack. By lunchtime, your child can enjoy a defrosted, albeit cold, pizza muffin.
More Pizza Recipes
- Pita Bread Pizza
- Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
- Homemade Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- Easy Pull Apart Pizza Bread
- Air Fryer Bagel Pizzas
- Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Spinach Pizza
If you enjoyed this simple recipe for English Muffin Pizzas, I would love for you to leave a comment and review below.
English Muffin Pizzas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 English Muffins separated into halves
- ⅓ cup tomato sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Separate the English Muffins into halves and place onto a baking sheet, nook and cranie side up.
- Mix together olive oil with garlic powder and oregano. Brush on each English Muffin half. Alternatively, just drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Toast in oven for 5 minutes, or until just browned.
- Remove toasted English Muffins from oven. Top each half with ½-1 tablespoon tomato sauce and cover with cheese.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Feel free to add any toppings to these mini pizzas as desired.
- Instead of baking, you can broil or microwave these mini pizzas. If using a broiler, just be careful not to burn.