English Muffin Pizzas are super simple to make and make the perfect snack or lunch! Tips for how to get a perfect “crust” and how to freeze these English Muffin Pizzas for meal-prep!
If you want to see kids smile, make them English Muffin Pizzas.
In fact, I still remember the smiles these mini pizzas brought to my face when I was a child–as my mom made them often for my siblings and I.
Now I make them for my own kids and whether for lunch, an after-school snack OR just a quick, lazy dinner, these English Muffins always bring a smile to their faces as well.
This “recipe” is almost too easy to share. BUT I am always asked for easy, kid-friendly recipes and these English Muffin pizzas always hit a home run.
Plus, while these mini pizzas are EXTREMELY easy to make, there are a few tricks to creating the BEST English Muffin Pizza.
How To Make English Muffin Pizza
- Separate the English Muffins into halves and place onto a baking sheet, nook and crannies side up.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and dried oregano.
- This extra step really gives these English Muffins great flavor.
- The extra step of toasting the English muffin before topping with your sauce and cheese will really keep these English Muffin pizzas from getting soggy.
- Toast the English Muffin until the tops are JUST browned.
- Spread 1 tablespoon pizza or tomato sauce on each English muffin half.
- Top generously with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Top with any additional pizza toppings such as pepperoni, olive, peppers, sausage, etc.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and browned slightly.
- Serve or allow it to cool to freeze for meal prep.
Microwaving English Muffin Pizzas
I prefer the taste and texture of these pizzas when prepared in the oven. However in a bind, you can use a toaster and microwave, or just microwave to prepare these mini pizzas.
- If you desire a crisp crust, toast each English Muffin Half in a toaster first.
- Top with pizza sauce and cheese.
- Microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool slightly before enjoying.
Freezing English Muffin Pizzas
I love to make a large batch of these pizzas and then freeze to pull out for after-school snacks or for school lunches.
- Allow pizzas to cool on baking sheet.
- Place cooled baking sheet, with the pizzas, into the freezer for 20-30 minutes, or until frozen solid.
- Remove pizzas from the baking sheet and place it in a freezer-safe container or freezer bag.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Reheating Frozen Pizzas
- Place in a 425-degree oven for 10 minutes or until warmed through.
- Alternatively, microwave 1 minute.
- I often will put frozen mini pizzas right into my kids’ lunches as well. I pack the lunches the night before and store in the fridge. In the morning, I place the lunches, along with an ice pack, in my kids’ lunch boxes, and by lunchtime, they enjoy a defrosted pizza muffin. Albeit cold, but they still LOVE them!
- 6 Pita Bread Pizza Recipes
- Homemade Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- Easy Pull Apart Pizza Bread
- Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese
English Muffin Pizzas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 English Muffins separated into halves
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Separate the English Muffins into halves and place onto a baking sheet, nook and cranie side up.
- Mix together olive oil with garlic powder and oregano. Brush on each English Muffin half. Alternatively, just drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Toast in oven for 5 minutes, or until just browned.
- Remove toasted English Muffins from oven. Top each half with 1/2-1 tablespoon tomato sauce and cover with cheese.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Feel free to add any toppings to these mini pizzas as desired.
- Instead of baking, you can broil or microwave these mini pizzas. If using a broiler, just be careful not to burn.