Cranberry Chipotle Barbeque Pizza: Leftover cranberry sauce is transformed into the perfect sweet and spicy base for a BBQ chicken (or turkey) pizza.
Pizza is a Friday night tradition in our house.
To me pizza is a fabulous way to repurpose leftovers. You can take a little bit of leftovers and transform them into a filling and fun dinner for your family.
And with Thanksgiving being on a Thursday and pizza night being on a Friday, a Leftover Thanksgiving pizza just makes sense.
My spin on a BBQ Chicken Pizza, is the ULTIMATE way to recreate leftovers!
Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Turkey Pizza
A tender homemade pizza crust is topped with a spicy sweet BBQ sauce and shredded turkey and sharp cheese, for a fun spin on Thanksgiving Leftovers.
I mix my favorite barbecue sauce and a chipotle pepper with my leftover cranberry sauce for a spicy and tangy, yet slightly sweet base for your pizza.
Once baked, leftovers have been transformed into a cheesy, delicious pizza.
Notes On Cranberry BBQ Chicken Pizza:
- You can use store bought pizza dough in place of homemade dough.
- Both leftover chicken and turkey work in this recipe for BBQ Pizza.
- If you don’t have leftover cranberry sauce or barbeque sauce make your own in one step by combining 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon paprika and 1 tablespoon Chipolte sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce and cook for 20 minutes, or until reduced.
- An even easier short-cut to making Cranberry BBQ Sauce, is to simmer 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce together until cranberries have burst–about 20 minutes.
- You can also just omit the cranberries and use your favorite barbeque sauce for a BBQ Chicken or Turkey Pizza.
- Cheddar cheese, colby jack, sharp white cheddar and even gouda cheese are great options for the cheese on this pizza.
- You can make this BBQ Chicken Pizza, gluten-free by using this Gluten-Free Pizza Crust from Gluten Free on a Shoestring.
Cranberry Chipotle Barbeque Pizza with Turkey or Chicken
Leftovers shine in this creative pizza recipe featuring sweet cranberry sauce paired with tangy BBQ sauce and leftover turkey (or chicken).
- 1 Pizza Dough
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 cups whole white wheat flour
- 1/4 cup leftover cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chipolte in adobe sauce
- 1 cup leftover diced chicken or turkey
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Prepare the pizza dough.
Mix the water with yeast and let sit for 5 minutes.
Add in the oil and honey and stir well. Combine the dry ingredients in large bowl mix in the water mixture. Stir until combined. Knead by hand for 5-10 minutes or until dough is smooth, or use a stand mixer with hook attachment for 3-5 minutes.
Let dough rest 15-30 minutes.
In the meantime, combine cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce, and chipolte together in saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Roll out dough and then top with cranberry barbecue sauce, leftover meat and finally cheese.
Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cheese is melted and bottom of crust is browned.
For more anything but boring ways to recreate your Thanksgiving Leftovers, check out these recipes:
- Country Skillet Breakfast by The Freshman Cook
- Mashed Potato Craisin Bread by Baking Sense
- Sweet Potato Casserole Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- ‘Australian Pie’ – Leftover Turkey Pie with Raisins and Bechamel by Caroline’s Cooking
- Brie Cranberry Turkey Quesadillas by Food Lust People Love
- Bubble Up Hot Brown Casserole by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Chicken Pizza by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Cranberry Pork Tenderloin by The Crumby Cupcake
- Creamed Spinach Turkey Pasta by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Apple Salsa by Food Done Light
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole by Cricket’s Confections
- Leftover Turkey Pasta with Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- Turkey Alfredo Stuffed Shells by Palatable Pastime
- Turkey Broccoli and Cheddar Pot Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Turkey Glass Noodle Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Turkey Grilled Cheese with Cranberry and Brie by Life Tastes Good
- Turkey Pot Pie Casserole by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Turkey Shepard’s Pie by Monica’s Table
- Baked Mashed Potato Pancakes by Pies and Plots
- Leftover Mashed Potato Puff Casserole by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Arroz Caldo with Turkey by Asian In America
- Bacon Egg Potato and Turkey Soup by Family Foodie
- Leftover Turkey Tortilla Soup by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Lemony Chicken-Lentil Soup with Couscous by What Smells So Good?