Cranberry Chipotle Barbecue Pizza: Leftover cranberry sauce is transformed into the perfect sweet and spicy base for a BBQ chicken (or turkey) pizza.
Pizza is a Friday night tradition in our house.
To me pizza is a fabulous way to repurpose leftovers. You can take a little bit of leftovers and transform them into a filling and fun dinner for your family.
And with Thanksgiving being on a Thursday and pizza night being on a Friday, a Leftover Thanksgiving pizza just makes sense.
My spin on a BBQ Chicken Pizza, is the ULTIMATE way to recreate leftovers!
Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Turkey Pizza
A tender homemade pizza crust is topped with a spicy sweet BBQ sauce and shredded turkey and sharp cheese, for a fun spin on Thanksgiving Leftovers.
I mix my favorite barbecue sauce and a chipotle pepper with my leftover cranberry sauce for a spicy and tangy, yet slightly sweet base for your pizza.
Once baked, leftovers have been transformed into a cheesy, delicious pizza.
Notes On Cranberry BBQ Chicken Pizza:
- You can use store bought pizza dough in place of homemade dough.
- Both leftover chicken and turkey work in this recipe for BBQ Pizza.
- If you don’t have leftover cranberry sauce or barbeque sauce make your own in one step by combining 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, 1/2 cup tomato sauce, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon paprika and 1 tablespoon Chipolte sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce and cook for 20 minutes, or until reduced.
- An even easier short-cut to making Cranberry BBQ Sauce, is to simmer 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce together until cranberries have burst–about 20 minutes.
- You can also just omit the cranberries and use your favorite barbeque sauce for a BBQ Chicken or Turkey Pizza.
- Cheddar cheese, colby jack, sharp white cheddar and even gouda cheese are great options for the cheese on this pizza.
- You can make this BBQ Chicken Pizza, gluten-free by using this Gluten-Free Pizza Crust from Gluten Free on a Shoestring.
Leftover Thanksgiving Pizza Recipe
Cranberry Chipotle Barbeque Pizza with Turkey or Chicken
Thanksgiving leftovers shine in this creative pizza recipe featuring sweet cranberry sauce paired with tangy BBQ sauce and leftover turkey (or chicken).
Prepare the pizza dough.
In the meantime, combine cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce, and chipolte together in saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Roll out dough and then top with cranberry barbecue sauce, leftover meat and finally cheese.
Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cheese is melted and bottom of crust is browned.