Thanksgiving Egg Rolls: Leftover mashed potatoes, stuffing and turkey are rolled up and baked into a crispy egg roll served with a side of gravy or cranberry sauce for dipping. The most unique egg roll that you have ever had!
Wanna know my favorite part of Thanksgiving?
The leftovers. While I love Turkey, Sweet Potato Casserole and Mashed Potatoes, I am really all about the leftovers--Cranberry Chipolte Turkey Pizza, Turkey and Apple Sandwich, Sweet Potato Waffles, and Pierogi Lasagna.
All while those are all fabulous options for Thanksgiving Leftovers, I have a new take on leftovers, that is going to make you want to pack up your entire Thanksgiving dinner into tupperware containers and order pizza on Thanksgiving Day, just so you can have ensure you have enough leftovers to make Thanksgiving Day Egg Rolls.
Thanksgiving Egg Rolls
Oh yes, I went there! I rolled up Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Turkey into a wonton wrapper and baked until crispy.
These Turkey Egg Rolls are the perfect combination of Thanksgiving Dinner. And of course, there must be gravy to dip these egg rolls in. Or cranberry sauce--or in my book both. I prefer to dip alternate dips between bites to get the best of both sweet and savory.
How to Make Egg Rolls using Leftover Thanksgiving Dishes
Start with your favorite Thanksgiving Leftovers--mashed potatoes, turkey, and mashed potatoes are of course the classics.
Layer an egg roll wrapper with about two tablespoons of mashed potatoes.
Top the mashed potateos with a bit of leftover stuffing, about 1 tablespoon.
Top the potatoes and stuffing with a bit of leftover turkey.
Roll up the Thankgiving Leftovers into in the egg roll wrapper like an envelope.
Brush egg rolls with an egg wash.
Bake until crispy and serve with leftover gravy and leftover cranberry sauce.
Everything you love from Thanksgiving Dinner rolled into a perfect hand-held bite--These Leftover Egg Rolls are really PERFECT!
A Few Notes on Leftover Thanksgiving Egg Roll Recipe:
- It is important to brush the egg rolls with an egg wash (or oil) to help crisp up the exterior of the egg roll to mimic the crispiness that is acheived when fried--just without the fat.
- I prefer the combination of turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing in these egg rolls, but leftover turkey paired with sweet potato casserole and cranberry sauce is also delicious, as is turkey paired with leftover brussel sprout salad and cranberry sauce.
- I like to serve these egg rolls with leftover gravy and or cranberry sauce.
- To thin out the gravy for dipping, warm with a bit of additional chicken stock.
- To thin out cranberry sauce, add a bit of stock, apple juice, or water and blend until smooth. Then reheat before serving with egg rolls.
- To prep these Leftover Thanksgiving Egg Rolls in advance, roll up the egg rolls as directed and store in fridge. Prior to baking, brush with egg wash and bake as directed.
Additional Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes:
- Pierogi Lasgana
- Cranberry Chipotle Pizza
- Turkey Club Wrap
- Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Quesadilla
- Copycat Panera Roasted Turkey, Apple, and Cheddar Sandwich
- Southwestern Turkey Soup
Thanksgiving Egg Roll Recipe
Thanksgiving Egg Rolls
- 2 ½ cups mashed potatoes
- 1 ½ cups stuffing
- 1 ½ cups chopped turkey
- 20 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place 2 tablespoons mashed potatoes in the middle of egg roll wrapper.
- Top the mashed potatoes with 1 tablespoon of stuffing and 1 tablespoon chopped turkey.
- Roll up egg roll like an envelope--bottom corner up to middle and two sides folded in and then roll up.
- Whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon water and brush over egg rolls.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping over after 12 minutes.
- Serve with leftover gravy or cranberry sauce for dipping.