Made with mango, orange juice, and banana this simple Mango Smoothie is light, refreshing, and simple to make.
Not only does this mango smoothie make a healthy snack perfect for any time of the day, but it is also a refreshing beverage to serve with dishes like Instant Pot Jambalaya, Buffalo Chicken Pizza, or Taco Salad.
Look no further than this simple Mango Smoothie when you are craving something light and refreshing!
The flavor from the mango shines when paired with the citrus of the orange and the sweetness from the banana. It is simple, wholesome, and downright delicious.
- Mango: I recommend frozen mango chunks for this smoothie. Not only can you always find frozen mango, but it makes this smoothie so much easier to prepare. If you do use fresh mango, remove the pit and then cut into ½ cubes and freeze for 30 minutes for a creamy smoothie.
- Orange Juice: Oranges and mangos are a delicious combination, as the citrus really complements the sweetness of the mango. Feel free to use mango juice if you have it on hand for a more true mango flavor.
- Banana: Fresh, ripe banana adds sweetness and creaminess to this smoothie naturally without overpowering the flavor of the mango. Because the mango is frozen, I don't recommend using frozen banana chunks, as that would result in a smoothie that is simply too thick to drink. If you use fresh mango, I would suggest using frozen banana for a creamy consistency.
Tips for Making a Mango Smoothie
The best advice for making any smoothie, not just this mango smoothie, is to put the liquid ingredients into the blender first. This allows the blade of your blender to be able to spin efficiently and evenly blend together the ingredients of the smoothie.
For this mango smoothie recipe, that means placing the orange juice into the blender first, followed by the fresh banana, and finishing with the frozen mango chunks.
Customize this Mango Smoothie
- Up the Mango Flavor. Instead of using orange juice, use mango juice for a pure mango flavor.
- Make it Creamy. For a creamier texture and in up to ½ cup plain non-dairy or regular yogurt.
- Make it Tropical. For a more nuanced flavor, use canned coconut milk for half of the orange juice.
- Spice it Up. Add a zing to this smoothie by grating in 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger root before blending.
- Make it Sweeter. If you would like a sweeter smoothie, be sure to use ripe bananas or add in 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup.
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes
- Pina Colada Smoothie
- Tropical Kale Smoothie
- Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Cherry Smoothie
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
If you try this recipe for a Mango Smoothie, I would love for you to leave a review and a comment below.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 large banana cut into chunks
- 2 cups frozen mangoes
- Place orange juice into the base of the blender. Add in the banana and mangoes. Blend oh high speed until smooth and creamy, adding a splash more juice if needed.
- Instead of using orange juice, use mango juice for a pure mango flavor.
- For a creamier texture and in up to ½ cup plain non-dairy or regular yogurt.
- For a more nuanced flavor, use 1 cup of canned coconut milk and only 1 cup of orange juice.
- Add a zing to this smoothie by grating in 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger root before blending.
- If you would like a sweeter smoothie, add in 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup.