This fluffy Instant Pot Frittata makes a simple, quick, healthy breakfast. This Frittata only takes minutes of hands-on work and bakes up super tender and fluffy thanks to the moist heat from the Instant Pot.
The Instant Pot has become my go-to for cooking up easy, healthy breakfasts on busy mornings. From Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole to Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats to this Instant Pot Frittata, I love how fast and perfectly I can prepare breakfast thanks to my pressure cooker.
Frittatas are simply a crustless quiche. They are super simple to make and the options are endless.
Not only does Instant Pot Frittatas keep the heat out of the kitchen, but the moist heat from the Instant Pot also bakes up the Frittata, while keeping it super light and fluffy. In fact, the texture reminds me of an egg souffle--as it is so light and creamy. Simply delicious!
Frittatas needs 4 key ingredients.
- Eggs: I use whole eggs in my Frittata recipes, but feel free to use a combination of egg whites or all egg whites.
- Cream/Milk: I love using half and half for a rich, creamy egg bake, but feel free to use nonflavored nondairy milk or regular milk of any fat percentage.
- Seasonings: Eggs really need to be seasoned well. I use salt, pepper, and nutmeg for the perfect balance. I do recommend increasing the salt slightly if you do not use salty cheeses like feta or Parmesan. Alternatively, decrease the salt if you add in salty meat like bacon or ham.
- Mix-Ins: My favorite go-to filling combination is Spinach, Onion, and Cheese. The spinach adds a bit of earthiness along with nutrients, the green onion adds a mild bite, and the cheese makes the frittata irresistible. But I have shared a variety of combinations in the recipe card to inspire your creativity! I recommend using no more than 1 and ½ cups of additional mix-ins for the best results.
How to Make an Instant Pot Frittata
The process of making a frittata could not be any easier and the cooking process is sped up thanks to the Instant Pot, making this breakfast recipe perfect for any day--even busy days!
Whisk together the eggs, seasonings, and milk together until well combined, and then stir in the mix-ins of your choice.
Pour that mixture into a greased 7x3 inch cake pan, and then cover with foil.
Pour 2 cups of water into the inner pot of the Instant Pot and place a trivet into the inner pot. And then place the cake pan onto the trivet.
Pressure Cook for JUST 6 minutes! But it is important to remember that you must allow pressure to release naturally alone for 10 minutes before trying to do a quick release of pressure. This time will allow the eggs to finish cooking and keep the integrity of the texture of the frittata intact.
Serve warm or allow to cool to room temperature. This frittata is delicious served with a bit of hot sauce and fruit. If you are on the go, I HIGHLY recommend serving a slice of this frittata on a homemade biscuit or toasted English muffin.
More Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes
- Instant Pot Yogurt
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- Instant Pot French Toast Casserole
- Instant Pot Egg Bites
- Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole
I would love for you to leave a comment and star review! I can't wait for you to dig into this light and fluffy frittata.
Instant Pot Frittata
- 6 large eggs
- ⅓ cup cream or milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ⅓ cup frozen spinach defrosted and squeezed dry
- ½ cup grated Colby cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Spray a 7x3 oven-safe pan well with cooking spray or grease well with butter.
- Whisk together eggs with cream and salt and pepper until well combined. Stir in onions, spinach, and cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into the prepared baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Pour in 2 cups of cold water to the inner pot and place the cooking rack inside the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Carefully place the baking dish on the cooking rack. Close the Instant Pot and be sure the vent knob is sealed.
- Set to High Pressure and cook for 6 minutes. (Press Manual or Pressure Cook and then use +/- buttons to adjust the time.)
- Once the cook time has elapsed, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, before doing a quick release of pressure. Remove the pan carefully from Instant Pot.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Ham and Cheese: Mix in ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese and ½ cup diced ham to the egg mixture. and decrease the salt to ¼ teaspoon.
- Vegetable: Add in ½ cup of sauteed vegetables to the egg mixture. Mushrooms, peppers, asparagus, broccoli, zucchini, and onions are great additions. I would also suggest adding in ¼ cup of your favorite cheese.
- 3 Cheese: Add in ½ shredded Fotina cheese. ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, and in ½ cup cottage cheese.