High Protein Gluten-Free Pancakes: Gluten Free pancakes are kept light and fluffy with the addition of cottage cheese–which also boosts the protein in these pancakes, making these pancakes a healthy option for any day.
I love pancakes.
Why my love for pancakes?
Well, maybe it has to do with the fact that my family LOVES them and I can guarantee a smile on each of their faces whenever I make pancakes, maybe because it is easy, or maybe it is becoming a Saturday tradition.
Today, I am sharing one of my healthiest pancake recipes that happens to be gluten free as well.
Gluten Free Pancakes
There is a secret ingredient that makes these gluten free pancakes the perfectly healthy breakfast. Are you ready for it?
Cottage cheese not only keeps these gluten free pancakes tender and fluffy, but it is also packed with protein and calcium!
So for this mama, that has osteoporosis, blood sugar issues, and needs extra protein (all from effects Cystic Fibrosis), I need these High Protein Pancakes!
How to Make Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Step One: Blend the Gluten Free Pancake Batter
- Place milk, cottage cheese, eggs, oats, banana, baking powder and cinnamon in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
Tip: It is best to place your liquid ingredients in blender first to help the blender work more efficiently!
Step Two: Cook the Pancakes
- Preheat a large griddle or non-stick skillet to medium-high heat.
- Lightly grease with butter, coconut oil, or non-stick spray.
- Once griddle is heated, pour pancake batter unto skillet in 1/4 cup measurements, leaving 1 inch around each pancake.
- Once bubbles form on surface of pancake, flip gently and cook 1-2 minutes longer per side.
Tip: you can tell your pan is ready to cook pancakes when a drop of water sizzles immediately after being dropped on skillet.
Step Three: Serve Gluten Free Pancakes
- These cottage cheese pancakes are great topped with sliced banana, fresh berries, and maple syrup.
- Because these pancakes are made extra sweet from the addition of banana to the batter, you can ditch the maple syrup and spread them with some homemade jam.
- My kids love to use these pancakes as “bread” for sandwiches for school lunches as well. They work great for PB and J.
Freezing Gluten Free Pancakes
It is a great idea to make extra pancakes and freeze for future use for busy mornings.
- Lay out the cooked pancakes in one layer on a cookie sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove pancakes from cookie sheet and and place in freezer safe bag or container.
- Store in freezer for up to 3 months.
- Pop one or more out of the bag at a time and reheat for 2 minutes in toaster oven or microwave and serve.
Notes on Gluten Free Pancakes
- Any variety of milk works for gluten free pancakes.
- If you don’t want to use cottage cheese, Greek yogurt will work. However, they won’t be as fluffy or tender.
- Be sure to use certified gluten-free oats if you need these to be 100% free from gluten.
- Feel free to add blueberries or chocolate chip to batter.
More Pancake Recipes
- Gluten Free Banana Oat Pancakes
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes
- Healthy Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Sweet Potato Pancakes with Spiced Apple Compote
Gluten Free Pancake Recipe
High Protein Gluten Free Pancakes
- 2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or milk of any choice
- Place all ingredients, in a blender and blend until completely smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with butter or cooking spray and heat over medium low heat.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cup onto skillet.
- Cook until bubbles appear on top. Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside.
- Wipe skillet clean and repeat with more cooking spray and remaining batter.
- Feel free to use any milk in this recipe.
- It is best to place the liquid ingredients in the blender first, as this will help the blender to work more efficiently.
To Make Homemade Gluten Free Pancakes, You May Need
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of A Mind Full Mom!