These Strawberry Pancakes are a pancake lover’s dream come true. Creamy, fluffy cottage cheese pancakes are topped with a homemade fresh strawberry sauce, sour cream frosting, and graham cracker crumbs for strawberry pancakes that taste like strawberry cheesecake in pancake form!
We love pancakes of all shapes and sizes at our house, but Strawberry Pancakes are hands down my husband’s favorite.
But this is not an ordinary Strawberry Pancake recipe! This recipe is for Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes and the result is a pancake and cheesecake lover’s dream come true.
From the fluffy pancakes made with cottage cheese for tang, to the homemade strawberry pancake syrup, to the sweet cream topping, to the crumbled graham crackers, these Strawberry Pancakes have all the components of cheesecake topped with fresh strawberries.
While there are several steps involved to making Homemade Strawberry Pancakes, you will quickly see these steps are EASY and worth the extra effort.
How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes
The magic in these cheesecake pancakes is the cottage cheese. The cottage cheese melts into the pancake batter and gives the pancakes amazing texture and tang.
- Mix together dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Mix milk, egg, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla together in mixing cup and add to dry ingredients.
- Lightly stir together until just incorporated.
- Stir the zest of the lemon and cottage cheese into the batter.
- Heat a non-stick griddle to medium-high heat and grease well with butter or coconut oil.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter unto skillet and cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until bubbly.
- Flip the pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
How to Make Fresh Strawberry Pancake Syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine lemon juice, strawberries and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer for about 10 minutes, or until thickened and strawberries have broken down.
- Mash strawberries with a fork or blend until smooth if desired.
How to Serve Strawberry Pancakes
- Stack warm cheesecake pancakes on individual plates.
- Top with a generous drizzle of strawberry syrup.
- Dollop the pancakes with yogurt.
- Crumble graham crackers over the top of the pancakes.
Notes on Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes
- I use a mixture of wheat and white wheat flour, but all whole wheat flour, all whole white wheat or all all purpose flour can be used as well in the cottage cheese pancake batter.
- Regular sugar can be substituted for the maple syrup.
- Don’t overlook the lemon zest and lemon juice–the freshness of the lemon adds such a bright flavor to these pancakes.
- Pro-tip: Zest your lemon BEFORE juicing.
- You can use yogurt or sour cream for the cheesecake frosting.
- Gluten Free Pancakes
- Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Dutch Baby Pancake
- Banana Oat Pancakes
For the Strawberry Sauce
- 4 cups strawberries hulled and halved
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Pancake Batter
- 1/2 cup white wheat flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup all natural cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 whole graham crackers crushed
For the Strawberry Sauce
- Combine the lemon juice, strawberries and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer for about 10 minutes.
For the Sour Cream Topping
- While strawberries are cooking, whisk together the yogurt with the remaining 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Store in fridge until ready to serve.
For the Pancakes
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium. Grease with a bit of butter or coconut oil.
- Whisk together flours, baking powder, and salt with a whisk until well combined. Mix milk, egg, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla together and add to dry ingredients. Lightly stir together until just incorporated. Stir the zest of the lemon and cottage cheese into the batter.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter unto skillet and cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until bubbly. Flip the pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- To serve, top the pancakes with the strawberry sauce, sweetened yogurt, and graham cracker crumbs.