Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes: Fluffy, gluten-free peanut butter pancakes are topped with grape jelly syrup, for a breakfast spin on a classic lunchbox favorite.
I adore peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Even though I ate one nearly everyday in my school lunch growing up, it is still a flavor combination I crave.
Now instead of white bread, peanut butter with added sugars and oils, and grape jelly, I choose to have homemade whole wheat bread, all natural peanut butter, and all fruit spread or pop a gluten free PB&J muffin.
I also love pancakes. And my kids really love pancakes. I decided it was well past time to combine Peanut Butter and Jelly and Pancakses together for a breakfast treat that is tasty, comforting, and satisfying!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes
These peanut butter pancakes start just like my Gluten Free Blender Banana Oat Pancake batter and are just jazzed up with a hefty dose of peanut butter.
Peanut Butter Pancakes are light, tender, and naturally sweet–not to mention simple to prepare. And then they are topped off with grape syrup–because grape jelly is what I grew up on–but feel free to use any flavor syrup you like.
The grape syrup is incredibly easy to make. You reduce 100% grape juice down and whisk in cornstarch to thicken. So yes, this entire breakfast is only sweetened with fruit–talk about a healthy way to start the day!
So take your breakfasts back down memory lane, with a perfectly tasty spin on your childhood lunch.
Tips on Healthy Peanut Butter Pancakes with Grape Syrup:
- Instead of making peanut butter pancakes, you could sub out the peanut butter for almond butter or another nut butter.
- Instead of thickening up grape juice for the syrup, you could heat all-fruit preserves in any flavor you like. You could also heat up any frozen berries and thicken with cornstarch and a touch of maple syrup for sweetness.
- These gluten-free peanut butter pancakes are delicious with sliced banana as well.
- If you DO NOT want gluten-free pancakes, use my whole wheat pancake recipe and mix in 1/2 cup peanut butter to the batter.
- These Peanut Butter Blender Pancakes also make a great base for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
More delicious breakfast recipes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes
These peanut butter and jelly pancakes are irresistible! Gluten free pancakes are made with a hefty dose of peanut butter and topped with grape "jelly" syrup.
- 1 cup oatmeal be sure to use gluten free oats if needed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk any variety
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 of dash cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas broken into chunks
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup grape juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
For the Pancakes:
Preheat a greased skillet/griddle to medium heat.
Dump oatmeal, milk, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, peanut butter and bananas into your blender and give it a whirl until everything is combined and oats are blended well. I like these pancakes thicker, but feel free to add a bit more liquid if desired.
Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto skillet and cook until small bubbles form, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook 2-4 minutes a side.
For the Syrup: Whisk the juice and corn starch together on medium heat until thickened, about 10 minutes. Serve with pancakes immediately (if using later, heat the syrup up again).