Who needs a pastry crust, when you can have a delicious sweet potato crust?! This Spinach Quiche made in a sweet potato crust is a healthy, yet DELICIOUS way to serve up brunch!
Check out my Breakfast Recipes for more inspiration for brunch. A few favorites, along with this Gluten-Free Quiche, are Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole, Whole Wheat Pancakes, and French Toast Casserole.
Whether you are looking for a great dish to include at your next brunch, a gluten-free breakfast, or a light meatless entree, this Spinach Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust is just the dish you have been looking for.
This quiche recipe is all about the sweet potato crust. It is a bit crispy, a bit sweet, a bit earthy, and every bit delicious. Shredded Sweet Potatoes form a perfect base for this easy gluten-free spinach quiche. The sweet potatoes not only give this quiche substance, but they lend a sweet, earthy flavor as well.
How to Make Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust
Step One: Prepare Sweet Potato Crust
- Shred 2 large peeled sweet potatoes in your food processor or with your hand grater.
- Press into a 9-inch pie dish or 9-inch springform pan that has been greased with coconut oil or olive oil. Use a glass or your hands to FIRMLY press the sweet potatoes into the pan. Pro Tip: If using a springform pan, wrap in foil before baking. That way if your pan does not have a good seal, you will prevent any leakage!
Step Two: Bake Sweet Potato Crust
- Bake the crust at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. This lets the sweet potatoes cook and begin to get crispy before adding the quiche filling.
Step Three: Make Quiche Filling
While your crust is baking, make your filling for you quiche.
- Defrost frozen spinach and then in cheesecloth or clean kitchen towel, wring out any excess moisture from spinach. This step is important for the flavor and texture of your quiche.
- Whisk 4 eggs together.
- Add in spinach, red peppers, milk, and feta.
Feel free to use water or almond milk in place of milk and omit feta for a Whole30 approved, Paleo, Dairy-Free Quiche.
Step Four: Bake Sweet Potato Quiche
- Remove crust from oven.
- Turn oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour egg mixture into crust.
- Return to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are set.
Step Five: Serve
- Let your sweet potato quiche cool for 10 minutes in pan.
- Use a knife to loosen the sides of the sweet potato crust from the sides of the pan.
- Remove springform sides, or simply dish from the pie pan.
Sweet Potato Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Sweet Potato
- Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Waffles
- Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Southwestern Sweet Potato Hash
- Easy Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Biscuits
Sweet Potato Crust Quiche
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and shredded
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (non-dairy or water)
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese optional
- coconut/olive oil for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a 9 inch pie pan or 9 inch spring form pan with coconut or olive oil.
- Using a food processor or box grater, grate 2 peeled sweet potatoes.
- Press the shredded the sweet potatoes into a pie pan. Bake the crust for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the eggs with milk or water and salt and pepper. Stir in the spinach and red peppers and cheese if using.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes--or until eggs are set.
- Allow to cool for10 minutes before slicing and serving.