Bacon and Swiss Cheese are the star of the show in this easy Quiche Lorraine. Quiche Lorraine is a perfect recipe to serve for breakfast, brunch, or as a light entree at dinner or lunch.
I have a memory of eating Quiche Lorraine with ketchup as a child.
My mom would make this easy bacon and Swiss quiche often for a lighter dinner and my dad always ate his portion with ketchup. So taking a note from my dad, I ate my Quiche Lorraine with ketchup as well.
While I love Quiche Lorraine, I would argue that ketchup should NOT be served alongside this beautiful quiche.
Quiche Lorraine is a classic quiche made with bacon and Swiss cheese. The flavors are simple, yet perfect.
Bacon makes the quiche savory and salty. Swiss cheese cuts through the rich bacon flavor to add a dimension of nuttiness.
I find that people that typically turn their noses up at quiche, will easily be convinced to try this version of quiche, thanks to the bacon addition.
Quiche Lorraine Ingredients
- Pastry/Pie Crust
- Swiss Cheese
How to Make Quiche Lorraine
I suggest using a high-quality store bought frozen or refrigerated pie crust to keep this Quiche Lorraine easy to make. Of course you can use your favorite pie crust dough recipe in place of store-bought dough.
Step One: Prepare Bacon
- Bake or pan fry bacon until crispy.
- Drain bacon on plate lined with paper towels.
- Once bacon is cool enough to handle, crumble up bacon into 1/4 inch pieces.
Step Two: Prepare Egg Mixture
- Whisk together eggs with cream, onion powder, salt and pepper until creamy and well combined.
- Gently tap bowl on counter to remove some air bubbles that may have formed in eggs while whisking.
Step Three: Assemble Quiche
- Roll out pastry dough into 1/4 inch thick circle.
- Place crust into a 9 inch pie pan.
- Using your fingers (or sides of a fluted pie plate), trim and crimp the edges.
- Alternatively, use a prepared pie crust.
- Brush pie crust with egg white (JUST the egg white), to help seal the pie crust (this keeps pie crust from getting soggy!)
- Add in the cooked and crumbled bacon evenly over pie crust.
- Sprinkle half the Swiss Cheese over the bacon.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust and gently tap on counter to remove air bubbles.
- Sprinkle the remaining Swiss cheese evenly over the quiche.
Step Four: Bake Quiche Lorraine
- Bake Quiche Lorraine at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are set.
- After 25 minutes of baking, check your quiche to determine if the crust is browning too much. At this point, you can use pie shield or foil to shield your crust from further browning if needed.
Tips on Quiche Lorraine
- Store Quiche Lorraine: Once your quiche is baked and cooled, wrap in plastic wrap and then foil and store in fridge for up to 4 days.
- To freeze Quiche Lorraine: Place full quiche in freezer and freeze until solid. Once frozen, wrap quiche in foil and place in plastic freezer bag, removing air before sealing.
- To reheat frozen quiche: Remove from freezer bag remove foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until just warmed through.
- In place of cream, feel free to use milk or half and half in this quiche recipe.
More Egg Recipes
- The Best Classic Quiche Recipe
- Easy Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Broccoli & Asparagus Frittata
- Mediterranean Frittata
- Baked Eggs in Sweet Potatoes
Quiche Lorraine Recipe
- 1 9 inch pie crust
- 1 egg white
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup cream or half and half or milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces shredded swiss cheese
Prepare Pie Crust
- Roll out pastry dough into 1/4 inch thick circle and place into 9 inch pie pan.
- Trim off excess pie dough and crimp edges using your fingers.
- Brush bottom and sides of pie crust with egg white.
- Cook bacon in skillet until well browned. Drain bacon on paper towel lined plate. Once cool enough to handle, crumble into small pieces.
Prepare Egg Mixture
- Whisk or blend together eggs, cream, salt, pepper, and onion powder until light and fluffy. Gently tap out excess air bubbles.
Assemble and Bake Quiche Lorraine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sprinkle quiche crust with prepared bacon and half the Swiss cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over pie crust and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the egg mixture.
- Bake quiche at 375 degrees until eggs are set, about 35-40 minutes, checking on pie crust after 25 minutes.
To Make Quiche Lorraine, You May Need
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of A Mind Full Mom!