The easiest, most comforting baked pasta dish you will ever have–all made in your slow-cooker. Perfect for busy days.
If you have been following me for any amount of time, you know I love my Slow Cooker recipes. Hello, they are a busy parent or working person’s dream come true!
How hard is it to work 10 hours and then spend hours making dinner? Or trying to help your kids with homework, while watching something on the stove?
The slow cooker, crock-pot, whatever you call it, is the answer my friends.
My most favorite comforting meal as a child, was my mom’s pasta and her homemade sauce. When I came home from school and smelled the tomatoes and oregano, I knew dinner would be good!
I turned my Mom’s pasta into a one pot, easy, slow-cooker meal by making my homemade tomato sauce in the slow cooker, and then adding pasta and cheese at the end.
YES, you heard me right! You can cook your pasta in the slow cooker! Your life is changed for the better now!
This is beyond simple, only dirties up one dish, and is reminiscent of lasagna. Can you ever think of a time that lasagna only required one dish? No Way!
Make your life easier and try out this Baked Pasta for the Slow Cooker.
- 28 ounce can tomato puree
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 16 ounce package whole grain rotini or ziti
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Fresh Parmesan for serving
- Mix together tomato puree, tomato paste, water, oil, honey, and spices together in slow cooker. Set to low and cook for 4-5 hours.
- Turn slow cooker to high and mix in pasta and cottage cheese. Top with cheese. Cover and let cook for about 45 minutes for whole grain pasta and 25 minutes for white pasta.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
For this recipe I recommend: