Chipotle Black Bean Dip comes together in less than 5 minutes and with only 5 ingredients! This simple vegan black bean dip is smokey, hearty, and super easy to make!
This Chipolte Black Bean Dip is a simple vegan dip that features just a handful of ingredients that you probably have in your pantry. All you have to do is throw them into your blender or food processor and DONE.
Pair this easy black bean dip with a Homemade Pina Colada and invite some friends and have some fun!
- Black Beans: Use canned beans or Instant Pot Black Beans. If using unsalted beans, keep in mind you will need to add in a bit more salt.
- Chipotle Peppers: I love adding canned chipotles in adobo sauce, as they pack a huge punch of flavor. Freeze leftover canned chipotles and adobo sauce in ice cube trays until solid. Once frozen solid, pop out cubes and place them in a freezer bag. If you don’t have canned chipotle Peppers use 2 teaspoons of ground chipotle pepper.
- Lime Juice: Fresh lime juice is best, as it brightens up this simple dish with tons of flavor.
- Stock: The dip needs a bit more liquid than just lime juice to thin it to dipping consistency. You can use water, vegetable broth, or chicken stock.
- Cumin: Cumin pairs well with the chipotle peppers and adds a smokey taste to this simple dip.
How to Make Spiderweb Smokey Black Bean Dip
So when company drops by and Halloween is approaching, I love to take a bit of Greek yogurt or sour cream in a sandwich bag with the tip cut off and pipe a spider web design on top.
I dare you, play with your food, dress it up in Halloween Costume. I guarantee you will put a smile on everyone’s face!
More Delicious Quick Appetizer Recipes
Chipotle Black Bean Dip
- Place beans, seasonings, and juice of one lime in food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and a dash of chili powder for presentation.
- Freeze leftover canned chipotles and adobo sauce in ice cube trays until solid. Once frozen solid, pop out cubes and place in freezer bag.
- Leftover black bean dip can be stored in fridge for 5 days.
- If the dip is too thick, add in more lime juice or a bit of water to thin it out.