Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is an easy crock-pot recipe for a healthy white chicken chili. This recipe is a tried and true family favorite!
Do you ever wish for a dinner that makes itself?
There are many nights I need a recipe with NO EFFORT!
And that is exactly what this recipe for White Chicken Chili delivers–zero effort for a comforting, healthy meal.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
White Chicken Chili is warming to the body and soul.
This chicken chili with white bean is hearty, yet light and the subtle spices are not overpowering for sensitive stomachs or palates.
And besides that this Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is unbelievable in taste, it comes together in mere minutes.
Perfect for busy days, chilly days, and sick days!
How to Make Chicken Chili with White Beans
This Slow Cooker Chicken Chili is as easy as dumping a few ingredients in the slow cooker and allowing to cook all day.
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cook white chicken chili in slow cooker.
- Once time has elapsed, remove chicken breasts from slow cooker and shred chicken. Return chicken to slow cooker.
- Serve this white chicken chili with sour cream, cilantro, shredded cheese and corn chips if desired.
Tips for this Easy White Chicken Chili Recipe
- I have used made this white chicken chili recipe with both canned white beans and with cooked dried white beans. If using dried beans you have cooked, you may need to add in 1 teaspoon more of kosher salt. If using canned beans, only drain one can–the thick canning liquid gives the chili a nice salty taste and helps thicken the chili up.
- Most white chicken chili recipes are made creamy with either cream cheese, shredded cheese or cream. I keep this Chicken Chili Dairy-Free and then top with shredded cheese if desired. It is still every bit as delicious as more decadent white chicken chili recipes.
- Since this crock pot chicken chili is gluten-free and dairy-free, it is a great recipe for entertaining people with food allergies.
To Freeze this White Chicken Chili
If you have leftover slow cooker white chicken chili, you can freeze for future use.
- Allow the chili to cool and then place in freezer safe containers or bags.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Defrost white chicken chili in fridge overnight and then reheat on stove, on low in slow cooker or in microwave.
More Slow Cooker Recipes to try:
- Overnight Strawberries and Cream Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Drumsticks
- Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Lemon and Thyme Chicken Thighs and Rice
- Slow Cooker Lentil Chili
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili Recipe
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is an easy crock-pot recipe for a healthy white chicken chili. This recipe for white bean chili is a tried and true family favorite!
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cans can diced green chilis
- 2 cans cans Great Northern White beans or 4 cups cooked white beans
- Optional Toppings: Sour cream, Greek yogurt, shredded montery jack or cheddar cheese, feta cheese, salsa verde, tortilla chips
Place all the ingredients into crock-pot except for toppings. Give a quick stir. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Discard the bay leaves and remove the chicken to shred/cut into bite size pieces and return to soup.
Top with your favorite toppings.
My personal favorites are Greek yogurt and salsa verde.
Featured on Meal Plan Monday.