Easy One Pot Creamy Cajun Pasta: It is easy as dump and simmer and in less than 30 minutes a hearty Cajun pasta with a creamy, slightly spicy sauce will be on the table ready to win your family’s taste buds over!
Thank you to al fresco all natural chicken sausage for partnering with me to help bring you this recipe. As always, my opinions and recipe remain my own.
Dinner. Day in and day out dinner has to be made.
And 9 times out of 10 it is me that makes it. Wait, it is more like 364 out of 365 times it is me that makes dinner–LOL!
And while I love to cook, 30 Minute Meal Recipes are my weeknight go-tos.
When I can make a one pot meal, like Skillet Chicken Poppyseed or Tuscan Pork Skillet, I am one really happy person. Because that is one less dish I have to do–you guessed it, I typically do the dishes as well.
My secret to easy, weeknight meals is taking ingredients that are jam-packed full of flavor and using those key ingredients to bring huge flavor to a quick recipes, and that is exactly what I did for this Easy Cajun Pasta Recipe.
Easy One Pot Creamy Cajun Pasta
Take this Cajun Chicken Pasta. I start with al fresco all natural Smoked Andouille which is packed with Spanish paprika, black pepper and garlic and is so good, it can stand alone. Added to pasta, this chicken Andouille lends tons of flavor and just the right kick to dinner.
The combination of perfectly tender pasta that has been enveloped in a spicy, creamy Cajun sauce paired with the bite of delicious al fresco all natural chicken sausage is pure magic.
And really, what is better than dumping a few ingredients into a pot and less than 30 minutes later, you are sitting down to a wholesome family meal? Not much in my book!
Tips on Cajun Pasta with Sausage:
- Sauteing the onions and peppers in olive oil is a quick way to impart a lot of flavor into this cajun pasta dish, but if you want to speed up the process of this dish, just omit this step. You can add the peppers and onions directly to dish when you add the broth, or you can omit them all together–which if you have kids who want to pick around onions, you may just want to leave them out!
- I use chicken stock in this dish, but vegetable stock or beef stock work as well.
- If you don’t have Cajun Seasoning, use 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon each of garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika and pepper
- I use rotini noodles for this Cajun pasta, but elbow noodles will or cavatelli works as well.
- The cream cheese that is added to this dish, cuts the spice level down and gives the dish a luxurious mouth feel and taste. You can also stir in 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt in place of cream cheese to cut down on fat and calories.
- If you have a dairy allergy, omit the cream cheese to make this Dairy Free Cajun Pasta.
- If you want to make Gluten-Free Cajun Pasta, use Barilla Gluten Free Elbow Noodles.
- I used yellow and red mini peppers in this dish to equal about 1/3 cup chopped peppers–use any color peppers you like (big or small.)
More Comforting Pasta Recipes
- Healthy Pasta Primavera
- Salsa Verde Spaghetti
- Easy 5 Ingredient Baked Rotini
- Tuscan Pasta with White Beans and Tomatoes
- Instant Pot Creamy Italian Pasta
Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
One Pot Cajun Pasta
- 1 12 ounce package al fresco smoked andouille chicken sausage sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 10 ounces rotini pasta
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- Over medium-high heat, saute peppers and onions in olive oil until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in sausage and garlic and saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add in stock, tomatoes, and seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Add in pasta, reduce heat to simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and add in cream cheese and stir into pasta. Cook until cream cheese has melted and pasta has finished cooking, about 5 minutes.
Latest posts by Kristen Chidsey (see all)
- Easy Mulled Wine - November 21, 2019
- Gluten Free Sweet Potato Waffles - November 20, 2019
- Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Sweet Potatoes - November 20, 2019