Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake: A lightened-up, creamy pumpkin filling is baked on a graham cracker crust for a delicious pumpkin cheesecake! This is one dessert you don’t want to miss out on!
Do you have a hard time deciding between pumpkin pie and cheesecake?
It can be a tough choice!
I have solved that dilemma for you and combined the best of both worlds.
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
This sweet little baby is a perfect cross between a cheesecake and pumpkin pie that will have your taste buds dancing with pumpkin glee.
Not to mention that this easy Pumpkin Cheesecake is made with natural sweeteners, so it is a bit on the healthier side.
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake
Step One: Graham Cracker Crust
- In a food processor, process graham crackers into fine crumbs.
- Add in melted butter and combine until graham crackers reach texture of wet sand.
- Press crumbs onto the bottom of a 9 inch cheesecake pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes to pre-set crust.
Step Two: Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Filling
- Beat together the cream cheese, pumpkin, spices, and maple syrup until creamy.
- Pour into pre-baked crust.
Step Three: Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Bake the pumpkin cheesecake pie until just set, about 25 minutes.
Step Four: Decorate Pumpkin Cheesecake
The dark chocolate face is optional. But isn’t everything better with some dark chocolate? Glad you agree.
- Melt dark chocolate in 30 second intervals in the microwave.
- Use a spoon or piping bag to “draw” out the parts of a jack-o-lantern face onto wax paper.
- Once the chocolate hardens, peel away the chocolate and put directly onto the pumpkin cheesecake pie.
- Wait to top the Pumpkin Cheesecake with the chocolate until right before serving. You can store the chocolate face pieces in the fridge until ready to decorate.
Notes on Healthy Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Instead of a 9 inch cheesecake-pan, you can use a 9 inch pie pan. Just be aware, you may need to add 10 minutes to baking time for cheesecake to set.
- Be sure to use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Feel free to use pumpkin spice in place of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- For Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cheesecake, use gluten free graham crackers.
- Neufchatel or Full-Fat Cream cheese both work for this cheesecake recipe.
- As is true with most cheesecakes, this Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake is best after being refrigerated for 24 hours.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake will last for 4 days in fridge and can be frozen for up to 1 month.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Texanerin Baking’s Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Allergylicious’ No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfait
- Healthy Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
- Homemade Pumpkin Butter
- Overnight Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins
Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Recipe
Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake
This is a healthy and easy version of pumpkin cheesecake, made with natural sweeteners.
- 1 cup whole wheat graham cracker crumbs about 1 sleeve
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh nutmeg grated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Face (Optional)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chopped
Graham Cracker Crust
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Process graham crackers in food processor into crumbs. Add in melted butter and combine until graham crackers are moist with butter.
Press graham cracker mixture into a 9 inch cheese cake pan. Bake crust for 10 minutes.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling
Beat together cream cheese, pumpkin, egg, maple syrup, vanilla, and spices until creamy and smooth.
Pour onto crust and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheesecake is set.
Allow cheesecake pie to cool for 10 minutes, and then then loosen from cheesecake pan ring. Cool for an additional 20 minutes before storing in the fridge and decorating with chocolate.
While cake is baking, melt chocolate and "draw" face onto wax paper. Let harden while cheesecake pie bakes.
Tastes best if made 24 hours in advance.
To Make Healthy Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of A Mind Full Mom!