Leave the heat outside and make fries right on the grill! Thin potato rounds have been tossed with oil and seasoned to perfection and then grilled. These Grilled French Fries are the ultimate side dish for any summer meal.
There is something about summertime meals that beckons for a side of potatoes. Be it potato chips, potato salad, or oven fries, dishes like Chicken Burgers, or Barbecue Drumsticks go great with a side of potatoes.
And in the heat of the summer, it makes sense to throw potatoes on the grill to keep the heat out of the kitchen.
Slices of potatoes are tossed with seasonings and then grilled to perfection. The inside of the potato is tender and the outside is crispy. The texture of these grilled potatoes are like fries, hence why I call them Grilled Fries--that and anytime I say the word fries, my entire family gets excited.
How to Grill Potatoes
You are going to love how easy it is to grill up potato wedges.
- You simply cut the potatoes into thin rounds this is the perfect shape to keep the potatoes from sliding through the grates on the grill.
- Drizzle with oil and homemade seasoned salt and toss to coat potatoes.
- Carefully place the potatoes onto a preheated grill.
- Grill for 5-7 minutes on the first side and then flip and grill for another 5 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Serve with ketchup, ranch or bbq sauce.
More Delicious Fry Recipes
Grilled Potato Rounds
- 4 large russet potatoes scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Slice your potatoes into ¼ inch rounds, using a sharp knife or a mandolin. Drizzle with oil and salt and toss with together.
- Place potato slices onto the heated grill carefully in one layer and cover the grill. Grill on the first side for 5-7 minutes. Carefully flip slices over and grill for another 5 minutes per side, or until tender.
- Use any white potato you desire for this recipe.
- If you do not have seasoned salt, season potatoes with 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and ¼ teaspoon each of garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.