Grilled French Fries: Thin potato rounds have been tossed with oil and seasoned to perfection and then grilled. These “fries” are the ultimate side dish for any summer meal.
There is something about summertime meals that beckons for a side of potatoes. Be it potato chips, potato salad, or fried potatoes, dishes like Grilled BBQ Burgers, Sweet and Spicy Sausage Kabobs, and Barbecue Drumsticks all go great with a side of potatoes.
At my house, my kids (and husband) LOVE fries. When I say love, I mean L-O-V-E!! And I have to admit, I am a sucker for a potato anyway I can get one!! The best thing about fries, is that they are easily made at home with simple real ingredients, so this Mama tries to keep her family happy by including oven baked fries at least a couple times a month.
But right now it is SO hot!! And I hate cranking my oven up in the heat. So I decided to grill my “fries.” And since I am always grilling during the summer months, this was a no brainer! You are going to love how easy this is. You simply cut the potatoes into thin rounds (this is the perfect shape to keep the potatoes from sliding through the grates on the grill), drizzle with oil and homemade seasoned salt, and grill away until the potatoes are tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
These easy grilled french fries will be a new favorite in your house too–I pretty much guarantee it!
More Delicious Fry Recipes
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Easy Baked Oven Fries
- Oven Baked Potato Wedges
- Yucca Fries from Wicked Spatula
Grilled French Fry Recipe
Grilled "French Fries"
- 4 large russet potatoes scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Slice your potatoes into 1/4 inch rounds, using a sharp knife or a mandolin. Drizzle with oil and salt and toss with together.
- Place on grill and cover. Grill on first side for 5-7 minutes. Flip with large spatula and grill for another 5 minutes per side, or until tender.