This recipe for Homemade Ranch Seasoning packs in the same flavor as Hidden Valley Ranch Packets without the added preservatives, dairy, sugar, or MSG.
Reasons to Love Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- Flavorful. From Ranch Dressing to Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast, Homemade Ranch Seasoning will add incredible flavor to so many recipes!
- Cheap. With a few dried spices, you have everything you need to make Homemade Ranch Seasoning for pennies!
- Quality Ingredients. This recipe for homemade ranch seasoning gives you the flavor of Hidden Valley Ranch Packets, without the need to add in dairy, MSG, sugar, or preservatives.
- Dairy-Free. I have a lot of people in my family with dairy allergies. Keeping this spice blend on hand, allows me to make dairy-free ranch-seasoned recipes that they too, can enjoy.
Ingredients Needed for Ranch Seasoning
This recipe for ranch seasoning is made with basic spices you probably have on hand at all times. It is the combination of dill, and basil that gives this seasoning its signature "ranch" flavor.
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Basil
- Dried Dill Weed
∗ important to remember ∗
When making homemade ranch seasoning be sure to use spices less than 6 months old for optimum flavor.
Adding Buttermilk Powder
While this recipe is extremely flavorful without the need to add buttermilk powder, if you would like an exact replica of Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning, add ⅓ cup of powdered buttermilk powder to the spice blend.
How to Store Ranch Seasoning
Just like all homemade spice blends, I recommend storing this Ranch Seasoning in an airtight container and storing it in a cool, dark place, like the pantry, for up to 6 months.
how to replace Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Packets
For every 1-ounce packet, use 2 tablespoons of this homemade seasoning blend.
Recipes Using Homemade Ranch Seasoning
Beyond using this homemade ranch seasoning as a replacement for a Hidden Valley Packet, you can also use it in many other ways to add flavor to dishes.
- I use this blend of seasonings to make a quick Homemade Ranch Dressing by mixing 2 tablespoons of ranch seasoning with ¼ cup each of sour cream, mayonnaise, and buttermilk.
- Prepare Ranch Dip by mixing together 2 tablespoons of ranch seasoning with ¼ cup sour cream and ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt or mayonnaise and serve with veggies or chips.
- Give your Fish Sticks or Chicken Strips a punch of ranch flavor, by adding 2 tablespoons of the ranch seasoning mix to the flour mixture prior to breading the fish or chicken.
- Skip the dry rub and use this Ranch Seasoning as your rub instead when making Air Fryer Chicken Breast or Air Fryer Pork Chops.
- Use this mixture to change up classic potato salad and make a crazy-good Ranch Potato Salad.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of this Ranch Seasoning to homemade coleslaw for additional flavor.
- Make a melt-in-your-mouth Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast using this seasoning blend.
More Homemade Seasoning Blends
- Copycat Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- Homemade Cajun Seasoning
- Jerk Seasoning
If you tried this recipe for Homemade Ranch Seasoning, I would love for you to leave a comment and rating below.
Homemade Ranch Seasoning - Without Buttermilk Powder
- ¼ cup dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a small dish, combine all the ingredients together until well combined. store in an airtight container. If you prefer the texture to be finer, pulse the spices in a mini food processor.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and store it in the pantry for up to 6 months if not used immediately.
- To use in place of a 1-ounce packet of ranch seasoning, use 2 tablespoons of this homemade mixture.