This Copycat Ranch Seasoning mix is a homemade version of the famous ranch packet! This homemade version of ranch seasoning is made without the added MSG or preservatives and can be used just as you would a store-bought pack.
I don't know about your family, but my family LOVES ranch dressing. My kids would dip fruit or their sandwiches into it if I let them. The problem with that comes along IF I were to be buying ranch dressing from the store.
Stop and take a look at those ingredients--MSG, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Sugar, etc.....gross, right?!
There is no reason to give up your ranch dressing. There is every reason to make your own right at home.
This recipe for homemade ranch seasoning gives you exactly what you would find in one of those Hidden Valley Ranch Packets. Only without all the nasty additives.
So now you can tell your kids to dip away!
Ingredients in Ranch Seasoning
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
*When making homemade ranch seasoning be sure to use spices less than 6 months old for optimum flavor.
How to Make Ranch Packets
- Mix dried spices together.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- This recipe makes the equivalent of 1 ranch seasoning packet, but feel free to double or triple to keep on hand to use at all times.
How to Use Ranch Seasoning
- Use in any recipe that calls for ranch seasoning packet.
- To make Ranch Salad Dressing
- For Ranch Dip: Mix 1 recipe seasoning with ¼ cup sour cream with ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt (or mayonnaise).
Serve Ranch Dressing with
- Instant Pot Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken and Potato Bake
More Homemade Seasoning Blends
Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- ¼ cup dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp dried dill
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Combine all ingredients and store in airtight container. If you prefer the texture to be finer, pulse the spices in a mini food processor.
- Use 2 tablespoons Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix as a substitute for a 1-ounce store-bought packet in recipes calling for dry ranch seasoning.
For Ranch Dressing
- To make a batch of Homemade Ranch Dressing, whisk together ¼ cup yogurt, ¼ cup sour cream, ¼ cup buttermilk, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or white vinegar), and 1 ½ tablespoons ranch seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before using.