This recipe for Ranch Seasoning packs in the same flavor as Hidden Valley Ranch Packets without the added preservatives, dairy, sugar, or MSG.
Copycat Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning
This recipe for homemade ranch seasoning gives you exactly what you would find in one of those Hidden Valley Ranch Packets.
Except this homemade dry ranch seasoning leaves out the preservatives, MSG, added sugars, and dairy, leaving only FLAVOR behind!
Not only is this seasoning blend better for you, but it is also cheaper than purchasing ranch seasoning packets.
With just a few common spices that you probably have in your pantry right now and a minute of time, you can whip up Homemade Ranch Seasoning that will add incredible flavor to so many recipes!
Ingredients Needed for Ranch Seasoning
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Basil
- Dried Dill Weed
As you can see, these are basic spices you probably have on hand at all times. It is the combination of dill, basil that gives this seasoning its signature "ranch" flavor.
Note on Ingredients: When making homemade ranch seasoning be sure to use spices less than 6 months old for optimum flavor.
How to Make Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- In a small bowl or shallow dish, mix the ingredients together until well combined.
- Transfer the seasoning to an airtight container and store in the pantry for up to 6 months.
How to Use Ranch Seasoning
You can use this Ranch Seasoning to replace any packet of ranch seasoning mix. For every 1-ounce packet, use 2 tablespoons of this homemade mix.
Beyond using this homemade ranch seasoning as a replacement for a Hidden Valley Packet, you can also use it in many other ways to add flavor to dishes.
- I use this blend of seasonings to make a quick Homemade Ranch Dressing.
- Prepare Ranch Dip by mixing together 2 tablespoons of ranch seasoning with ¼ cup sour cream and ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt or mayonnaise and serve with veggies or chips.
- Give your Fish Sticks or Chicken Strips a punch of ranch flavor, by adding 2 tablespoons of the ranch seasoning mix to the flour mixture prior to breading the fish or chicken.
- Skip the dry rub and use this Ranch Seasoning as your rub instead when making Air Fryer Chicken Breast or Air Fryer Pork Chops.
- Use this mixture to change up classic potato salad and make a crazy-good Ranch Potato Salad.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of this Ranch Seasoning to homemade coleslaw for additional flavor.
More Homemade Seasoning Blends
- Copycat Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- Homemade Cajun Seasoning
- Jerk Seasoning
If you tried this recipe for Homemade Ranch Seasoning, I would love for you to leave a comment and rating below.
Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- ¼ cup dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a small dish, combine all the ingredients together until well combined. store in an airtight container. If you prefer the texture to be finer, pulse the spices in a mini food processor.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and store it in the pantry for up to 6 months if not used immediately.
- To use in place of a 1-ounce packet of ranch seasoning, use 2 tablespoons of this homemade mixture.