The EASIEST version for Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup. This hearty soup is made in less than 30 minutes from start to finish! You won’t believe how easy it is to make this delicious chicken noodle soup with the help of your pressure cooker.
We love chicken noodle soup at our house, especially my husband.
It is typically a soup that takes me all day to make, from roasting a chicken to making homemade chicken stock, to finally preparing the soup.
When the craving strikes for Chicken Soup, I can have Chicken Noodle Soup in minutes, with the help of the pressure cooker!
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
By taking a few short-cuts and using chicken breasts and pre-made chicken stock, chicken noodle soup is ready in less than 30 minutes–that includes time to come to pressure and time to release pressure.
And while fast sometimes means a sacrifice in flavor, this Chicken Noodle Soup is every bit as delicious as a soup you would slave over all day long. Even my critical husband agrees!
With tender veggies, plump, juicy chicken, and a rich broth seasoned with thyme and dry wine, this Chicken Soup is guaranteed to hit the spot.
How To Make Chicken Soup in Instant Pot
Step One: Saute Veggies
- Heat Instant Pot by turning pressure cooker to saute function and waiting until it reads Hot.
- Add in butter and let melt.
- Add in diced carrots, onions and celery.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes.
Step Two: Saute Chicken
- Add cubed boneless, skinless chicken into pressure cooker.
- Cook until chicken is browned, 1-2 minutes.
Step Three: Deglaze Pan
- Add in dry white wine and scrape up any bits of browned pieces off bottom of instant pot.
Step Four: Add Remaining Ingredients
- Pour in chicken stock.
- Season with herbs and salt and pepper.
- Add in noodles.
- Stir well.
Step Five: Cook Chicken Soup
- Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
Step Six: Let Pressure Release
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes.
- Then do a quick release, being sure to place a kitchen towel over vent knob to prevent splatter.
Step Seven: Serve Chicken Noodle Soup
Modifications on this Easy Instant Pot Chicken Soup
You can modify this chicken noodle soup to fit your family’s dietary needs or to suit what ingredients you have on hand.
Dairy Free Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- To make this Instant Pot Chicken Soup Dairy-Free, use olive oil instead of butter to saute the chicken and veggies.
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup with Leftover Chicken
- Instead of using raw chicken breast or thighs, feel free to use leftover chicken.
- Add cubed cooked chicken, shredded instant pot chicken, leftover rotisserie chicken and add when you add the noodles to the soup.
- Feel free to use leftover Turkey as well to make Instant Pot Turkey Noodle Soup.
A Few More Notes
- I love to add dry white wine to add incredible depth and flavor to this chicken noodle soup. You can omit the wine and add in additional chicken stock in it’s place.
- Use homemade chicken stock, instant pot chicken stock or store bought chicken stock in this soup.
- Chicken thighs or chicken breasts both work for this chicken noodle soup, just be sure either option is boneless or skinless.
- Add any herbs your family likes. I love a combination of fresh thyme and rosemary, but bay is also great to add.
- Feel free to omit celery and/or onions if your family would prefer.
- To add brightness to your chicken soup, finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Try out these Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Breasts (Fresh or Frozen)
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
The EASIEST version for Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup. This hearty soup is made in less than 30 minutes from start to finish!
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion minced
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, or thighs cubed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or additional stock
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups egg noodles
Heat Instant Pot by turning pressure cooker to saute function and waiting until it reads Hot.
Add in butter and let melt. Add in diced carrots, onions and celery and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add cubed boneless, skinless chicken into pressure cooker. Cook until chicken is browned, 1-2 minutes.
Add in dry white wine and scrape up any bits of browned pieces off bottom of instant pot.
Pour in chicken stock. Season with herbs and salt and pepper. Add in noodles and stir well.
Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
Allow pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes.
Then do a quick release, being sure to place a kitchen towel over vent knob to prevent splatter.
Remove sprigs of thyme and serve.
To Make Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup, You May Need
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of A Mind Full Mom!