Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice is a copycat version of Chipotle’s rice but is made SUPER fast thanks to the instant pot. This rice is perfect to serve as a side dish or as a base for burritos.
I have a shocking truth to tell you—my husband does not like Chipotle’s Cilantro Lime Rice.
And while that may shock some of you, I bet most you just don’t care what my husband likes or dislikes. You are here because YOU, like me, love Chipotle’s Rice and want to make it at home.
Or maybe you just want to make REALLY good Instant Pot Rice.
Either way, I am here to help!
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
Making rice in the instant pot is one of the best things about a pressure cooker. It is almost impossible to mess up and delicious, fluffy rice is only minutes away.
While I often make plain rice in my pressure cooker, I really love to flavor things up and make Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice.
This rice is full of fresh cilantro and bright lime flavor. Cilantro Lime Rice is perfect to serve with Burrito Bowls, Instant Pot Pork Tacos, Easy Tacos, and even pairs great with Instant Pot Mongolian Beef, and Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken.
How To Make Rice in Instant Pot
Step One: Rinse Rice
- Place rice in colander and rinse well.
- This step is CRUCIAL to fluffy Instant Pot Rice that does not stick to inner pan.
Step Two: Add ingredients to Instant Pot
- Place rinsed, damp rice into pressure cooker.
- Add in stock, salt, and lime zest.
Step Three: Pressure Cook Rice
- Place lid on pressure cooker and be sure to point valve to sealed position.
- Pressure cook rice.
- Brown Rice: 20 minutes on high pressure.
- White Rice: 3 minutes on high pressure.
- Let pressure release naturally for at least 10 minutes.
Step Four: Flavor Instant Pot Rice
- Remove lid from Instant Pot and stir add in fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro.
- Stir well to incorporate and to fluff cooked rice.
Notes on Pressure Cooker Rice
- This recipe is designed for long grain rice. Either long grain brown or white rice will work. Short grain or quick cooking rice require different cook times and are not recommended.
- I love adding fresh lime juice AFTER cook time to keep the lime flavor really fresh and vibrant. If you want to add to rice while cooking, use 2 tablespoons less stock/water.
- I have used water, vegetable stock, chicken stock and even pineapple juice for Instant Pot Rice. All work great. For an authentic copycat cilantro lime rice, I recommend stock or water for best results.
Instant Pot Side Dish Recipes
- Instant Pot Green Beans
- Instant Pot Crispy Potatoes
- Instant Pot Baked Beans
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
Cilantro Lime Recipe
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice is a copycat version of Chipotle's rice but is made SUPER fast thanks to the instant pot. This rice is perfect to serve as a side dish or as a base for burritos.
- 2 cups rice (brown or white long grain) rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock low sodium
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
Rinse and drain rice well.
Place wet rice into pressure cooker.
Add in stock, lime zest and salt.
Place lid on pressure cooker and be sure vent knob is pointed towards sealed.
For Brown Rice, cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. For White Rice, cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
Once cook time has elapsed, let pressure release for at least 10 minutes before releasing any remaining pressure.
Stir in chopped cilantro and fresh lime juice and serve.
- Feel free to use chicken or vegetables stock for Cilantro Lime Rice.
- If using stock that is not low sodium, omit salt and add at end of cooking if needed.
- This recipe for Instant Pot Rice is for long grain white or brown rice.
To Make Cilantro Lime Rice in the Pressure Cooker, You May Need
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of A Mind Full Mom!