Ranch Veggie Wrap: A healthy serving of vegetables are rolled up with homemade ranch dressing for a fun lunch. It is like a Ranch Veggie Pizza in roll-up form!
Packing lunches for kids can be CHALLENGING!
Don’t worry, I feel your pain and I am here to inspire you with healthy lunch box options.
Ranch Veggie Pizza Wraps
I love to include as many veggies in my kids lunches as possible. And that my friends, can potentially be a problem.
But when I serve up a side of homemade ranch dressing, raw vegetables are much more well received. You know how kids LOVE to dip just about ANYTHING!
So why not take crisp, fresh vegetables and wrap them up in a tortilla that has been spread with thick homemade ranch dip?
The ranch makes this Veggie Wrap a kid’s dream come true….the veggies make it a parent’s dream come true.
How to Make Vegetarian Wraps
Veggie Wraps are completely customizable and can be made to suit your children’s preferences.
Use cucumber slices, carrots, and peppers for one veggie wrap. Or maybe try one with raw green beans, broccoli and carrots—both healthy in their own right!
Step One: Make Ranch Spread
Mix together the cream cheese, Greek yogurt and ranch seasoning.
Step Two: Spread Ranch on Tortilla
Spread a couple tablespoons of the ranch spread on the tortilla, covering the tortilla, but leaving 1/4 inch border along the edge free from the ranch spread.
Step Three: Layer Vegetables on Wrap
Choose whatever veggies you or your child likes and place in even layer on ranch spread.
Step Four: Roll Up Veggie Wrap
To fold the veggie wrap, fold in the sides of the tortilla and then roll from the bottom up. Cut the wraps in half.
Step Five: Serve or Pack Veggie Wrap
You can serve the veggie wrap immediately, or wrap tightly (or pack in sealed container) and store in refrigerator for 16-18 hours.
More Kid Friendly Lunch Box Ideas
Notes on Vegetarian Wraps
- It is best to use crisp vegetables for these vegetable wraps, as softer vegetables can cause these wraps to get soggy. Avoid adding tomatoes, cucumbers that have NOT been deseeded, peas, etc
- You may choose to place a piece of lettuce over the ranch spread before layering your veggie wrap with vegetables.
- If you are Vegan or Dairy-Free, use mashed avocado (seasoned with lemon juice and salt or even ranch seasoning mix) as the base for your veggie wrap.
Veggie Wrap Recipe
Ranch Veggie Wraps
An easy vegetable wrap made with a thick homemade Ranch spread.
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 2 ouces cream cheese softened
- 1 full recipe for DIY Ranch Seasoning
- 2 large peppers seeded and sliced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 2 cucumbers peeled, seeded and sliced into planks
- 3 carrots peeled and cut into planks
- 8 whole grain tortillas
Mix together yogurt, cream cheese, and ranch seasoning.
Spread 1-2 tablespoons on each tortilla. Spread and even layer of veggies over the tortilla (use any assortment of veggies your child likes.)
Wrap tightly and slice in half. (If it feels like it is falling apart, re-wrap tighter!)
Serve veggie wrap now or wrap tightly and pack for lunch up to 16 hours ahead of time.
Use any assortment of vegetables you or your child likes for these vegetarian wraps.
For Packing Lunches, you may need:
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of A Mind Full Mom!