Air Fryer French Bread Pizza is a homemade version of French Bread Pizza that comes together in minutes using the air fryer.
Is there ever such a thing as too much pizza?
One of the easiest ways to enjoy homemade pizza is this recipe for Air Fryer French Bread Pizza.
With a just loaf of French bread, your favorite pizza toppings, and a few minutes of your time, these French Bread Pizzas can be yours! Making this the perfect recipe to turn to when you need a quick lunch, late-night snack, or just a last-minute appetizer.
These French Bread Pizzas are crispy on the outside with a soft, pillowy interior and topped with gooey cheese and your favorite toppings. They are truly so easy and absolutely delicious!
Notes On Ingredients
- French Bread: French Bread is the obvious choice for French Bread Pizza. But Italian Bread or a small baguette works as well.
- Pizza Sauce: Use your favorite storebought or homemade pizza sauce. In a bind, you can opt to even use spaghetti sauce.
- Cheese: I find that for this recipe, sliced mozzarella cheese or provolone cheese works best, as it stays put on the French bread when being air-fried. Feel free to use shredded cheese if that is what you have on hand.
- Olive Oil: A bit of oil will help to toast and flavor the French bread.
- Seasonings: To amp up the flavor, I love adding garlic powder and oregano.
- Toppings: If desired, add pepperoni, olives, mushrooms, cooked sausage, or any pizza topping you like.
How to Make French Bread Pizza in Air Fryer
- Slice a loaf of french bread in half lengthwise and then cut each piece in half for a total of 4 pieces.
- Mix the olive oil with garlic powder and oregano and then brush the oil lightly over the cut side of the french bread.
- Place the seasoned french bread into the air fryer, working in batches if needed, and cook for 3 minutes just to toast the bread. This will help the French Bread Pizzas from becoming soggy and develop more flavor.
- Once the bread is toasted, remove it from the air fryer. Spread each piece with a thin layer of pizza sauce, top with cheese, and then add any toppings you like.
- Return the French Bread Pizzas back to the air fryer and cook until the cheese is nice and melted.
Variations for French Bread Pizza
- Pesto & Tomato: Replace the pizza sauce with pesto sauce and then top with sliced tomatoes and thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese.
- BBQ Chicken: Spread a thin layer of store-bought or homemade barbecue sauce, followed by leftover rotisserie chicken, and Monterey jack cheese. Air-fry as directed.
- Breakfast French Bread Pizza: Replace the seasoned olive oil with softened butter. Air-fry to toast as directed and then top with scrambled eggs, cooked breakfast sausage, and sliced cheddar cheese. Return to the air fryer and cook as directed.
More Quick & Easy Pizza Recipes
Need more inspiration for planning meals that your family will love? Sign up for my FREE Meal Plans and each week you will get a meal plan with a shopping list.
If you tried out Air Fryer French Bread Pizza, I would love for you to leave a comment and review below.
Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
- Preheat the Air Fryer, if needed, to 370 degrees F.
- Slice the loaf of french bread in half evenly through the length, to create two long pieces. Cut each piece in half, for a total of 4 pieces.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the olive oil with oregano and garlic powder. Use a pastry brush to evenly brush over the cut-side of the french bread pieces.
- Place the seasoned french bread into the basket or on the tray of your air fryer, working in batches, if needed. Cook for 3 minutes at 370 degrees F to simply toast the bread.
- Remove the toasted french bread from the air fryer. Spread each piece evenly with pizza sauce and top with sliced cheese. Add the pepperoni slices, or any other desired toppings, evenly to the pizzas.
- Return the pizzas back to the air fryer, working in batches if needed, and air fry for 5-6 minutes at 370 degrees F, or until the cheese is melted.
- Let the pizzas cool for a couple of minutes before serving.