Homemade Tostadas are loaded with veggies and Mexican flavors for an irresistible healthy recipe. These Baked Tostadas are made with crisp corn tortillas, refried beans, cheese, and fresh vegetables. This kid-friendly meal packs a huge dose of vegetables in each serving.
If you like nachos, you will love tostadas.
A tostada is crispy tortilla, topped with refried beans and all the toppings of nachos. They are SUPER easy to make at home, and a delicious vessel for all of your favorite Mexican toppings.
My homemade tostadas are made with crispy baked corn tortillas, refried beans, and cheese. They are incredibly simple to make–even young kids can make these at home.
Did I mention you can have these tostadas on the table in less than 20 minutes? And that the whole family LOVES them? Making these easy tostadas PERFECT for busy nights!
Ingredients for Tostadas
- corn tortillas
- refried beans
- taco seasoning
- shredded cheddar cheese
- toppings for tostadas like diced tomatoes, avocados, onions, peppers, lettuce, etc
I love to add carrot or pumpkin puree to my refried beans as well for a boost of veggies, but that is totally optional.
How to Make Baked Tostadas
Most totadas are deep fried, but they are just as tasty and crispy when baked. Plus, they are easier to make!
Step One: Bake Corn Tortillas
- Brush each tortilla with oil on each side.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees until crisp.
Step Two: Prepare Tostadas
- Mix together refried beans, carrot puree (if using), and taco seasoning together.
- Spread bean mixture evenly over baked tortillas and then top with cheese.
- Return to oven until cheese is just melted.
- Top as desired.
Tips on Tostadas
- I like to use corn tortillas for these tostadas because it is traditional in flavor and gluten-free. However, flour tortillas will work as well.
- Use any veggies to top your tostada that you like. My son loves to add corn salsa and fresh salsa. My daughter loves the tomatoes and corn. I love it all!
- You can also toast the tortillas over the stove or on the grill instead of the oven. Just watch carefully.
- Feel free to add taco meat or shredded chicken to your tostada as well.
Kid Friendly Vegetarian Recipes
- Easy Baked Vegetable Egg Rolls
- Sweet Potato Burritos
- Hidden Veggie Quesadillas
- Healthy Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna
- Vegetable Nuggets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush each tortilla with oil on each side. Bake for 8-10 minutes until crisp.
- In the meantime, mix the beans, carrot puree (if using), and taco seasoning together.
- Spread bean mixture evenly over baked tortillas and then top with cheese. Return to oven until cheese is just melted.
- Top with corn, peppers, tomatoes, lettuce, and cilantro and hot sauce as desired.
- **To make carrot puree, boil 1 pound chopped carrots until tender. Blend carrots with 1/4 cup cooking liquid until smooth.