Mediterranean Greek Pinwheels with Tzatziki Dill Sauce
How to make Mediterranean Pinwheels
How to Make Homemade Tzatziki Sauce:
A Few Notes On Greek Rolls
- If you can’t use fresh spinach, you can use 1/2 cup defrosted cooked spinach, just be sure to drain well.
- Feel free to omit the kalamative olives and use your favorite olives in these greek roll-ups.
- I have not tried making these rolls with cresent rolls in place of the puff pastry, but my guess is it would still work and be delicious.
- For the Tzatziki sauce be sure to use fresh dill for maximum flavor. Dried dill can be used in a pinch, but only use 1/2 teaspoon.
Let’s Make Greek Pinwheels!
Simple Greek Pinwheels with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce
Simple Greek Rolls with a homemade Tzatziki sauce.
For the Greek Rolls
- 1 sheet puff pastry (8 ounces) thawed
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 16 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and dried on paper towels
- 1/2 cup kalamative olives sliced in half
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
For the Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cucumber seeded, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1 juice of fresh lemon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Lay a silpat or parchment paper on a baking sheet.
Roll out the puff pastry. Lay out spinach over the puff pastry, covering the surface of the pastry. Next layer the roasted red pepper and olives over the spinach. Sprinkle with feta and oregano.
Roll up the puff pastry lengthwise. Slice into 1/2 inch slices and place on baking sheet.
Bake for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown.
While pinwheels are baking, place Greek yogurt, dill, cucumber, salt, garlic and lemon juice in food processor and process until smooth.
Serve pinwheels with dip.
For More Delicious and Fancy Appetizers Check these out from my Sunday Supper Family:
- BLT Crostini Sliders with Avocado Aioli by Casa de Crews
- Easy Caprese Puff Pastry Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- French Onion Palmiers by Cooking With Carlee
- Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Middle Eastern Deviled Eggs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mushroom and Blue Cheese Gougeres by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Simple Greek Pinwheels with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Soppressata Puffs by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baba Ganoush by The Crumby Cupcake
- Baked Fruit and Nut Camembert by SundaySupper
- Caesar Salad Wonton Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cucumber Bites with Creole Shrimp and Guacamole by Life Tastes Good
- Dates with Goat Cheese, Prosciutto and Truffle Honey by Monica’s Table
- Drunken Asparagus with Feta and Prosciutto by Wholistic Woman
- Italian Chicken Meatballs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Japanese Meatballs by NinjaBaker.com
- Loaded Hasselback Potatoes Mini Size by Crazed Mom
- Mini Caprese Bites With Balsamic Drizzle by My Sweet Savings
- Pork Dumplings by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Pear Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Lime Shrimp Cups by Our Good Life
- Mini Crab Cakes by My Savory Spoon
- Oysters Rockefeller by Caroline’s Cooking
- Scallop Crudo with Citrus by Cricket’s Confections
- Shrimp Martini by Palatable Pastime
- Southwestern Shrimp Spring Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Tuna Poke Mochi Waffles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Gluten Free Champagne Cake Pops by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Loaded Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips by Desserts Required
- Mini S’mores Tarts by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Dijon Pecan Baked Brie Bites by Soulfully Made
- Wine Gummy Bears by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Eggplant Fries with Basil Dipping Sauce by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Blue Cheese Asparagus Bites by Hardly A Goddess
- Broccoli Pesto Potato Bites by Simple and Savory
- Mushroom Purses by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Roasted Carrot Soup by From the Bookshelf
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.