Chicken Quinoa Fajita Bowl: Kitchen staples come together to create protein and nutrient packed one pot wonder tastes just like a chicken fajita, all ready in less than 30 minutes. Gluten-Free with Dairy-Free Options as well.
**This post is sponsored by BJ’s Wholesale Club, but as always, my writing and opinions are my own.
You want to know my secret to healthy, home cooking?
Sounds simple, and it really is if you make-up your mind to DO IT!!! Thankfully, with the help of a run to BJ’s Wholesale Club, I am able to knock out a large portion of my grocery needs and be well on the way to getting healthy meals on my table.
It was as easy as me pulling a few key items from my stocked kitchen and in less than 30 minutes, dinner was on the table! When I used my Instant Pot dinner was done in 12 minutes!!
This Chicken Quinoa Bowl comes together by mixing Quinoa, Homemade Chicken Stock, Salsa, Frozen Peppers and Onions, chicken breasts, and taco seasoning together. The toppings are endless, but I am a fan of freshly shredded cheddar cheese, Greek yogurt/Sour Cream, cilantro, and fresh tomatoes.
Thankfully, I am able to find all of these items at BJ’s Wholesale Club–from the frozen vegetables to the dried grains and pastas to the fresh meat and vegetables. I absolutely love their Wellsley Farms brand and can often find quality, organic versions of many items off my shopping list. Not to mention BJ’s accepts manufacturer’s coupons–leaving me even more money to stock my pantry….or buy some extra dark chocolate to reward my healthy eating habits.
Regardless of what life throws my way, I am able to rest assure that dinner does not need to be something I stress over. Especially not when a few simple items I always have on hand come together to create such a family-pleasing meal.
- 1 cup Wellsley Farms Organic Quinoa
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup Wellsley Farms Organic Salsa
- 2 cups Wellsley Farms Pepper and Onion Strips
- 1 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 pound Harvestland Perdue Chicken Breasts
- Daisy Sour Cream, Wellsley Farms Organic Greek yogurt, Wellsley Farms block cheddar cheese, fresh limes, cilantro, fresh tomatoes, avocadoes,
- Mix together chicken stock, salsa, peppers and onions, seasoning and quinoa together in large stock pan. Add chicken.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until quinoa has absorbed most of the liquid and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with any of the desired toppings.
- Instant Pot Directions: Place everything in Instant Pot. Seal and set timer for rice (12 minutes.)