This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MeAndMyTea #CollectiveBias
The Ultimate Cold and Flu Fighting Soup: Green Tea Ramen. The powerful benefits of green tea, fresh garlic, fresh ginger all served up in a warming, comforting Asian Soup. You are guaranteed to feel better in no time!
About 2 years ago, my mom told my husband that drinking Green Tea everyday will help boost his immunity. I really am not sure why of all the health advice my family (many of them are in the medical profession) and I have given him through the years this is the one he choose to latch onto and now tries to get his green tea fix daily. In fact, he even asks me several times a week if I drank my green tea as well. Yes dear, I have been drinking it for years–long before you got on the green tea bandwagon.
Anywho, this Christmas season we traveled for 2 weeks (crazy, I know!!) For 2 weeks, we neglected our daily drink of green tea and guess what? We ALL got sick. My husband swears the reason is immunity was down because he forgot to drink his tea. Regardless of why, he was the party guilty of giving me and my daughter a nasty cold that happened to turn into pnuemonia for both of us. That boy better NEVER forget to drink his green tea, if the result is me and my little getting pnuemonia–it is miserable, not to mention potentially life-threatening for us CFers.
Now that we are home, we have gotten back into our routine of healthy habits, which does include drinking green tea and are on the mend–thankfully! In fact the first thing my husband did when we returned home was stock up on Bigelow Green Tea at Walmart. If he can find it there, you all know how easy it is to locate!! He did forget kleenex, but hey, he tried!
But while I was sick, I got to thinking about all the natural remedies for colds and flu. I know garlic, lemon, and ginger give natural boosts to your immune system, as does green tea. And soup–oh, soup just makes you feel better when you are sick, not to mention sometimes all you may feel up to eating when you are under the weather. So I decided to create the Ultimate Cold and Flu Fighting Soup–one that had more healing properties than chicken soup: Green Tea Ramen Soup.
This soup combines the healing properties of green tea with fresh garlic and ginger as the liquid base for this soup. It is bulked up with Soba noodles, shredded carrots, chopped green onions, and fresh minced cilantro–flavor, fiber, and antioxidants.
The best part–it comes together in about 15 minutes. So when you are sick, you still will be able to throw this soup together without much effort at all. And if you felt like I did last week, cooking is NOT very appealing when you are down and out.
So cozy up with a cup of steaming hot Green Tea Ramen and get your daily dose of green tea goodness in soup form. Perfect for your sick days and for warding off those sick days!!
- 4 cups water
- 4 bags Bigelow Green Tea
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons freshly grated ginger root
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 shredded carrots
- 7 ounces Soba Stir Fry noodles*
- ¼ cup chopped green onions (white and green parts)
- ⅛ cup fresh minced cilantro
- Optional: dash of hot sauce or Sriracha
- Bring water, tea bags, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags.
- Add in carrots (I like them with crunch, if you prefer softer, throw them in at the beginning of cooking process) and soba noodles. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until noodles have warmed through.
- Serve with green onions, cilantro and a dash of hot sauce if desired.
- *I found a package of fresh vacuumed sealed soba stir fry noodles in the Asian food Aisle--but refrigerated fresh noodles work as well.
- *If you prefer your foods sweeter, add in 1 tablespoon honey--it is also known for it's healing properties.
Looking for more ways to enjoy your tea? Check out Bigelow for more ideas and product information.
While this soup is fantastic for when you are feeling under the weather, beat those bugs before they have a chance to affect you with my DIY All Natural Disinfectant Wipes.