The Best Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes: Velvety, creamy, rich crock pot mashed potatoes are seasoned with garlic and Parmesan and made easily in the slow cooker.
I love mashed potatoes for their creamy texture and the fact that they are a side dish my entire family devours.
Velvety mashed potatoes always are a must for my family’s holiday get togethers. They compliment Turkey, Ham, Chicken, or Beef Roast perfectly. But my perfect mashed potato recipe can be a pain to make on the holidays.
You know the drill, everyone is rushing this way and that and trying to get dishes out of the oven, the meat carved, the rolls toasted AND draining and mashing up the potatoes.
Think about having mashed potatoes warm and waiting for you in the crock pot. Life-Saver!
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Making mashed potatoes in your slow cooker is an incredibly easy, hands-off approach to making potatoes.
Mashed potatoes are flavored with Parmesan and garlic and then cooked to perfection right in the crock pot.
Steps to Making Crock-Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Peel and dice up russet potatoes.
- Add potatoes to the slow cooker with some vegetable or chicken stock and butter and let cook on high until the potatoes are nice and soft.
- Use a potato masher (or hand-held mixer) to mash the potatoes to a smooth consistency.
- Add in milk/cream and Parmesan and stir together.
- Set to warm and your potatoes are waiting ready for your holiday spread!
Notes on Mashed Potatoes in Crock Pot
- You can keep these crock pot potatoes as basic as you prefer and choose to leave out Parmesan and Garlic.
- These slow cooker mashed potatoes are also great with the addition of cheddar cheese, bacon and chives at the end of cooking.
- Crock-pot mashed potatoes can be kept on low in your slow cooker for hours before serving.
- You can use red-skinned potatoes if you would prefer over russet potatoes, but your mashed potatoes will not be as creamy.
- I really recommend mashing potatoes by hand or using a ricer for creamy, not gluey mashed potatoes. A hand-held mixer can be used, but be very careful to NOT over mix.
Pair Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes With:
- Homemade Rotisserie Chicken
- New York Strip Roast
- Easy Pizza Meatloaf
- Brined Turkey
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs
Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Parmesan Garlic Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Potatoes are simmered with seasonings, milk, and butter in the crock pot and then mashed to perfection with the addition of Parmesan.
- 5 pounds russet potatoes peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1-2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk/cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
Place potatoes and garlic in slow cooker. Add in stock, salt, and butter. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until potatoes are fork tender, and mash easily. No not drain stock.
With a potato masher or hand mixer, mash the potatoes until they are broken down. Add in the milk and cheese and stir until the potatoes absorb.
Serve immediately or keep on warm until ready to serve.
You May Need These Items to Make Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of A Mind Full Mom!