Easy Pizza Lasagna Roll Ups: All your favorite flavors of pizza are showcased in an simple recipe for lasagna rolls. This family-friendly meal is completely customizable for your family’s preferences.
I had the opprotunity a few weeks ago to travel to my hometown with the American Dairy Association Mideast.
With a few other bloggers, we immersed ourselves in learning about Dairy Farms and the quality of products and standards held by the farmers and the dairy factories that produce cheese and other dairy products.
And let me tell you guys, I was blown away by the how attentive these Dairy Farmers are to details and to quality control. Any questions I had on where my milk came from or what I was drinking, was answered. You can get more of the story on Dairy here.
The highlight of my trip came when I met Cleveland Browns Player, Joe Thomas. As a Cleveland native and hopeful Browns fan, it was incredible to meet him and eat dinner on the football field.
Another highlight of my trip, was touring Micelli’s Dairy and making homemade pizzas in their autentic pizza oven.
While I could not bring home a pizza oven like that, I did bring home some Fresh Ricotta and Mozzarella Cheese from my trip. And those ingredients plus my experience making homemade pizza, inspired Pizza Roll-Ups.
Easy Pizza Lasagna Roll Ups
Pizza + Lasagna is just a no-brainer.
Creamy ricotta and pizza topping are rolled up into tender lasagna noodles and then baked in a homemade marinara sauce and smothered with mozzarella cheese–I mean what is NOT to love?
The owner of Micelli’s Dairy stated that the best Italian pizzas are simple and not over-topped. And so taking a note from him, I kept my Pizza Roll-Ups simple–just nitrate-free pepperoni.
If it had been up to me alone, I would have used fresh spinach, kalamative olives, and roasted red peppers–but my family won out and pepperoni pizza lasagna rolls is what they voted on!
Steps for to make Pepperoni Pizza Lasagna Roll-Ups:
- Cook Lasagna Noodles according to package directions and drain well.
- Mix together the ricotta with seasonings and egg.
- Spread a thin layer of the ricotta mixture on cooked noodles.
- Add a thin layer of your favorite pizza topping to the lasagna roll-ups.
- Carefully roll up each lasagna noodle and then place into a casserole dish that has been lined with tomato sauce.
- Top with Marinara Sauce and then cover and cheese and bake.
Notes on these Simple Pizza Roll Ups:
- Use any pizza toppings your family would like: browned sausage, diced onions, peppers, pineapple, ham, etc–you get the idea. Just don’t over stuff the rolls, or you will make it hard to roll the lasagna noodles up.
- I love to use my homemade tomato sauce for these Easy Pizza Lasagna Rolls, but any favorite jarred marinara sauce works.
- You can use Gluten-Free Lasagna Noodles in place of regular lasagna noodles for a Gluten-Free Pizza Lasagna Roll Up Recipe.
- Whole wheat and regular lasagna noodles can be used.
- Fresh mozzarella or shredded mozzarella are able to both be used to top these Lasagna Rolls.
- If you don’t have ricotta cheese, use cottage cheese, but drain by placing over a fine mesh strainer for at least 4 hours.
Serve these rolls with a side salad like Kale and Apple Salad, Brussel Sprouts Salad or Fall Harvest Salad for a great complete meal. And be sure to check this White Pizza by my new friend Chellie, from Art From My Table. She joined me on my Dairy Adventure and this pizza was her inspiration from the trip.
More Lasagna Recipes
- Instant Pot Lasagna
- Easy Homemade Lasagna
- Grilled Vegetable Lasagna (Noodleless)
- Healthy Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna
- Pierogi Lasagna
Pizza Roll Recipe
Easy Pizza Lasagna Roll Ups
All the fun tastes of pizza rolled up into lasagna noodles.
- 2 cups Marinara Sauce
- 12 lasanga noodles
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg whisked
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces Mozzarella Cheese shredded
- desired pizza toppings
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Prepare a 7x11 baking dish (or 2 quart baking dish) by spreading just enough marinara sauce on the bottom of the dish just to cover.
Prepare the lasagna noodles according to package directions.
Mix together the ricotta, Parmesan, oregano, garlic, and egg together.
Spread the lasagna noodles with a thin layer of the ricotta mixture and then top with a thin layer of desired pizza toppings and carefully roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish.
Cover with remaining marinara sauce and top with Mozzarella Cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.