Think Egg Salad needs to be boring? Think again! This Egg Salad is lightened up with Greek yogurt and kicked up a few notches with the addition of horseradish and mustard!
Whether you are looking for a high protein, easy, low cost lunch, or a way to use up all those extra Easter eggs–egg salad is a FABULOUS option.
But not just any Egg Salad, you want one with flavor, complexity, that is still super easy to put together.
The BEST Egg Salad Recipe
Growing up, Egg Salad was NOT my favorite recipe. But I have learned how to perfectly season egg salad to make it truly spectacular. And now egg salad is something I actually crave.
This egg salad recipe is all about the zip from the horseradish and Dijon mustard, which turns egg salad into something memorable. Plus it helps to cut through the richness of the eggs.
I also choose to use Greek yogurt in my egg salad in place of mayonnaise to lighten it up and add some protein. Of course, feel free to use mayo if you desire.
How to Make Egg Salad
Step One: Hard Boil Eggs
- I always you my Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs–because they are PERFECT every single time!
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can cook your eggs on the stove. Place room temperature eggs in a single layer in a large stock pan. Add cold water to just cover the eggs. Bring to a boil. Once at a rapid boil, cover pan and remove from heat. Set timer for 12 minutes. Drain and chill eggs.
Step Two: Prepare Egg Salad
- Peel and chop your hard-boiled eggs. Tip: Use mini chopper to easily chop your eggs into tiny pieces.
- Mix Greek yogurt with horseradish,Dijon, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Mix in eggs.
- Chill for at least 2 hours for maximum flavor.
- Serve your egg salad on bread, a wrap, or over lettuce.
More Sandwich Recipes
- Easy Avocado Tuna Salad
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches
- Copycat Panera Roasted Turkey Sandwich
- Easy Monte Cristo Sandwich
- Healthy Homemade Egg McMuffin Sandwiches
Egg Salad Recipe
The Best Egg Salad Recipe
- Peel hard boiled eggs. Chop eggs into small chunks.
- Mix together yogurt, horseradish, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and salt and pepper together. Add in eggs and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to serving for best flavor.