Instant Pot Egg Bites are a copycat version of Starbuck's Soude Vide Egg Bites. They are light, fluffy, creamy, and incredibly easy to make at home!
Skip the expensive drive-thru and make your own egg bites EASILY in the Instant Pot and customize them with whatever filling you like.
Better than Starbucks
If you have had Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites, you know how good they are. They are creamy, light, fluffy, tender, and full of flavor.
But they are also expensive and only available in 3 flavor combinations.
By making Egg Bites at home, not only do you save money, but you can add WHATEVER fillings you want or make a variety to please everyone in your family.
What you Need to Make Egg Bites
Instead of needing a sous vide machine, this recipe is made in an electric pressure cooker in silicone egg bite molds. The moist heat keeps these egg bites just as light and fluffy as they turn out in sous-vide cooking.
This base recipe for egg bites starts with eggs, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper. The cottage cheese will keep the egg bites super creamy and flavorful.
As for what else to add, the options are up to you!
- Bacon and Gruyere: Add in 2 slices of chopped bacon and ¼ cup shredded Gruyere/Swiss cheese.
- Roasted Red Pepper: Add in ¼ cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, ¼ cup chopped roasted red peppers, and 2 tablespoons chopped spinach.
- Ham and Cheddar: Add in ¼ cup diced ham and ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Mushroom and Swiss: Add in ¼ cup sliced sauteed mushrooms and ¼ cup shredded Swiss cheese.
How to Make Egg Bites in the Instant Pot
Step One: Prepare Egg Mixture
In a blender, place the eggs, cottage cheese, salt, pepper, and any shredded cheese you are using. Blend until well combined.
Using a blender allows the cottage cheese to blend up into the eggs and keeps these bites super creamy.
Step Two: Assemble Egg Bites
Divide the bacon (or filling of your choice) evenly between the egg bite molds.
Pour the egg mixture into each egg mold, dividing the egg mixture evenly between the molds. Each mold should be filled about three-fourths of the way full.
Cover the mold tightly with foil.
Step Three: Pressure Cook
Pour 1.5 cups of cold water into the inner pot of the pressure cooker and place a metal rack inside the inner pot. Place the egg bites on the rack, stacking the molds if you prepared a double batch.
Place the lid on the inner pot and be sure the vent knob is sealed. Set cook time for 9 minutes on high pressure.
Once the cooking time has elapsed, allow pressure to release for at least 10 minutes to keep the delicate texture intact.
Step Four: Unmold and Serve
Once 10 minutes have passed, remove the molds from the Instant Pot and invert onto a plate.
Egg Bites will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. They can technically be frozen for up to 3 months, but they do not retain the same texture once defrosted, so this is not something I recommend.
I highly suggest reheating these egg bites on 50% power in the microwave for 60-90 seconds. The lower heat will help keep the delicate texture of the egg bites intact.
Yes! You can stack 2 molds right on top of each other in a 6 or 8-quart instant pot.
Yes! Instead of using 4 whole eggs, you can use 8 egg whites.
For the best flavor, texture, and taste cottage cheese is a MUST. You can use low-fat cottage cheese, but do not use fat free cottage cheese for best results.
No! You can opt to use just the base recipe of eggs, cottage cheese, and salt and pepper and keep these Egg Bites super simple in flavor.
More Instant Pot Egg Recipes
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs: Perfect hard-boiled eggs EVERY single time!
- Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole: An easy sausage and hashbrown breakfast casserole made right in the Instant Pot.
- Instant Pot Frittata: The Instant Pot makes the lightest, fluffiest Frittata EVER!
Try these Egg Bites? Be sure to leave a review below! I love to hear how much you enjoy my recipes!
Instant Pot Egg Bites
Base Egg Bite Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- ⅓ cup cottage cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Bacon and Grueyere
- ¼ cup bacon bits about 2 slices cooked, chopped bacon
- ¼ cup Gruyere swiss shredded
Mushroom and Swiss
- ¼ cup sauteed sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup Swiss Cheese
Ham and Cheddar
- ¼ cup diced ham
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar
Roasted Red Pepper
- ¼ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup Montery Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped spinach
- In a blender, place the eggs, cottage cheese, salt, pepper, and shredded cheese, if using. Blend until well combined. Tap the blender on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Divide bacon (or filling of your choice) evenly between the egg bite molds. Pour the egg batter into the egg molds, dividing the mixture evenly. Each egg mold should be about ¾ths of the way full. Cover the egg bite mold tightly with foil.
- Pour 1.5 cups of cold water into the inner pot of the pressure cooker and place a metal rack inside the inner pot. Place the egg bites on the rack, stacking the molds if you prepared a double batch.
- Place the lid on the inner pot and be sure the vent knob is sealed. Set cook time for 9 minutes on high pressure. Do this by hitting manual or pressure cook and use the +/- buttons to adjust to read "9."
- Once cook time has elapsed, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Remove the egg bite mold from the inner pot and let rest for 2-5 minutes before inverting the mold onto a plate.