Instant Pot Green Beans: A recipe for fresh green beans steamed perfectly in the pressure cooker.
My daughter and husband love green beans. And their favorite way to enjoy them, is steamed and tossed with some butter and salt.
Simple. Perfect. Easy.
Instant Pot Green Beans
Steaming fresh green beans in the pressure cooker is about the simplest way to make green beans.
It only takes a few minutes and the green beans turn out crisp tender every single time.
How To Steam Green Beans in Instant Pot
Step One: Prepare Green Beans
- Wash green beans and drain well.
- Trim end off green beans.
Step Two: Place Green Beans in Instant Pot
- Pour 1 cup of water into inner pan of pressure cooker.
- Place steamer basket in pressure cooker.
- Place green beans in basket.
Step Three: Steam Green Beans in Instant Pot
- Place lid on pressure cooker and seal vent knob.
- Turn to high pressure and set for zero minutes.
- Do a quick release of pressure.
By the time the Instant Pot has reached pressure, the green beans will be crisp tender. If you would like your green beans a bit on softer side, set for 1 minute on high pressure.
Step Four: Season
- Remove green beans from Instant Pot.
- Place in large serving bowl and season as desired.
Green Bean Seasonings
You can season these steamed beans anyway you desire, but here are some of my favorite combinations.
- Butter, salt and pepper
- Olive oil, freshly grated Parmesan Cheese and pepper
- Olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and minced garlic
- Butter, salt, pepper, and juice and zest of lemon zest
Tips on Perfectly Steamed Green Beans
- If you are doubling this recipe, you may want to cook on high pressure for 1 minute instead of zero minutes.
- Feel free to saute the green beans in olive oil or butter after steaming for a crisp exterior.
- This is a great technique to use for any recipe that requires you to parboil green beans before proceeding with a recipe.
Instant Pot Essential Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Breasts (Fresh or Frozen)
- Instant Pot Chicken Stock
- Instant Pot Yogurt
- Instant Pot Quinoa
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
Steamed Green Beans Recipe
Instant Pot Green Beans
A recipe for crisp tender steamed green beans made in the pressure cooker.
- 1 pound green beans washed, ends trimmed
- 1 cup water
- desired seasonings
Place 1 cup of water into inner pot of pressure cooker.
Place green beans into steamer basket for pressure cooker.
Place pressure cooker in Instant Pot and seal closed.
Set to high pressure and manual time of zero minutes. (Or 1 minute on high pressure for softer green beans.)
Do a quick release of power once time has elapsed.
Remove green beans from pressure cooker and serve as desired.
- I prefer seasoning these steamed green beans with a bit of butter, salt, pepper, and the zest and juice of half a lemon.
- Recipe can easily be doubled, but may desire to cook for 1 minute on high pressure.
To Make Instant Pot Green Beans, You May Need
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of A Mind Full Mom!