You will NEVER make corn on the cob any other way once you try out this Instant Pot Corn on the Cob! Corn on the cob turns out perfectly in the pressure cooker with or without the husks!
Corn on the Cob is one of my favorite things to eat in the summer months--I love it grilled and I love it boiled, but making corn on the cob in the Instant Pot is my FAVORITE way to prepare fresh corn on the cob.
Pressure Cooker Corn on the Cob is FAST, EASY, and hands-off. Not to mention it turns out perfectly EVERY SINGLE TIME!
The corn is cooked to perfection in the moist heat, which does not leave you with water-logged corn, or corn that is dried out. Instead, Instant Pot Corn is tender, juicy, and the flavor of corn is intensified--making this the BEST corn on the cob!
How To Make Corn on the Cob in the Instant Pot
- Shuck your corn cobs if desired.
- If leaving the husks on your corn cobs, you will need to trim off the tip of the corn cob and remove long stem at the bottom of your corn cobs, in order for your corn cobs to fit inside your instant pot.
- Pour in cold water into Instant Pot. You will need 1 cup of water for 3 and 6 quart Instant Pot, 1.5 cups water for an 8 quart Instant Pot, and 2 cups water for 10 quart Instant Pot.
- Place trivet or steamer basket inside Instant Pot.
- Place shucked or unshucked corn cobs right on trivet or steamer basket, stacking as many as desired into the Instant Pot. Note, the trivet will let you fit larger corn cobs in your Instant Pot than a steamer basket.
- Place lid on the pressure cooker and be sure lid is sealed and vent knob is closed or pointed towards "seal."
- Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes for corn without husk or cook on high pressure for 3-4 minutes for corn with husk.
- For the best results, wait for 5 minutes before releasing pressure.
- Release pressure by using a wooden spoon to knock the vent knob from the sealed to venting position. Read more about how quick release at Instant Pot 101.
- Remove corn from the pressure cooker and then remove husks if needed.
- Serve with butter, mayonnaise, coconut butter, or however your family enjoys!
Frozen Corn on the Cob
While I HIGHLY recommend purchasing corn on the cob when fresh for the best flavor, you can cook frozen corn on the cob right in your Instant Pot.
- Pour in 1-2 cups water inside your instant pot, this is based on the size of Instant Pot.
- Place rack or steamer basket in the pressure cooker.
- Place frozen corn cobs right on the rack.
- Seal Instant Pot and cook for 4 minutes on High Pressure.
- Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then do a quick release of remaining pressure.
More Instant Pot Vegetable Recipes
- Instant Pot Green Beans
- Instant Pot Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Trust me, once you try Instant Pot Corn, you will agree that it is the BEST method for fresh summer corn! Enjoy this easy, fast method!
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- 1-12 corn on the cob as many as will fit in the Instant Pot
- Shuck your corn cobs if desired. If leaving the husks on your corn cobs, trim off the tip of the corn cob and remove long stem at the bottom of your corn cobs, in order for the corn to fit inside the Instant Pot.
- Pour in cold water into Instant Pot. 1 cup water for 3 and 6 quart Instant Pot; 1.5 cups water for 8 quart Instant Pot; 2 cups water for 10 quart Instant Pot. Place trivet or steamer basket inside Instant Pot.
- Place corn cobs right on trivet or steamer basket, stacking as many as desired in Instant Pot.
- Place lid on pressure cooker and be sure lid is sealed and vent knob is closed or pointed towards "seal."
- Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes for corn without husk. Cook on high pressure for 3-4 minutes for corn with husk.
- Once cook time has elapsed, let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Serve corn as desired.