Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash is the easiest and BEST way to make Spaghetti Squash! Ready in less than 30 minutes, this method for pressure cooking spaghetti squash produces perfect results every time!
Looking for more Instant Pot Basic Recipes? Check out Instant Pot Chicken Breasts, Instant Pot Whole Chicken, Instant Pot Stock, and Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs. Or get all browse through all my Easy Instant Pot Recipes.
I have been eating spaghetti squash for years. But ever since I have perfect cooking spaghetti squash in my Instant Pot, I am eating it more often than ever!
Making spaghetti squash in the Instant Pot is nearly effortless! And I don't even have to heat up the oven--which is perfect for summer months!
This method for pressure cooking spaghetti squash is simple and the results are PERFECT!
How To Make Spaghetti Squash in Instant Pot
Step One: Select and Prepare Spaghetti Squash
- Choose a spaghetti squash that is 3-4 pounds, uniform in size and color, and feels heavier than it looks. This will ensure you have a spaghetti squash that is perfect for cooking and eating.
- You have 3 options for preparing your spaghetti squash:
- Leave Whole: Pierce a few slits in your spaghetti squash to release the pressure that may build while cooking.
- Cut Lengthwise: Cut in half lengthwise and remove and discard seeds. This is a great option to make a spaghetti squash boat.
- Cut Width-wise: My preferred method, as the spaghetti squash will fit better into your pressure cooker and results in long noodle like strands.
Step Two: Cook Spaghetti Squash
- Place 1 cup of cold water in the pressure cooker. If using an 8-quart pressure cooker, use 1.5 cups of water. For a 10-quart instant pot use 2 cups water.
- Place trivet of steamer basket in the pressure cooker if using and place squash, cut side down on a rack. By placing cut side down, you are helping to prevent condensation and water to collect inside the squash cavity.
- Cook the spaghetti squash on high pressure as directed.
Spaghetti Squash Cook Times
- Whole Spaghetti Squash: 15 minutes High Pressure
- Tender Spaghetti Sqaush: 8 minutes High Pressure
- Al Dente Spaghetti Squash: 6-7 minutes High Pressure
Step Three: Serve Spaghetti Squash
- Once cook time has elapsed, either let the pressure release naturally or do a quick release of pressure. This is one recipe that makes little difference in end results.
- To do a quick release of pressure, use a long utensil and knock the vent knob from the sealed to the venting position. Wait for 1-2 minutes for pressure to fully be released and then remove the lid off Instant Pot.
- Remove squash from Instant Pot and use a fork to scrape into strands.
How to Serve Spaghetti Squash
Spaghetti squash can be used in a variety of different recipes and as a low-carb replacement for just about any recipe that calls for noodles. I love to toss spaghetti squash with homemade tomato sauce and some Parmesan cheese or make Spaghetti Squash Casserole. Or you can simply drizzle with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper and serve.
Instant Pot Vegetable Recipes
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Instant Pot Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Green Beans
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- 3-4 pound spaghetti squash
- Wash and dry whole spaghetti squash.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half either lengthwise or width wise (my preferred method). You can also leave whole, just be sure to cut a few slits in your squash to release pressure.
- Place 1 cup cold water in pressure cooker. If using an 8 quart pressure cooker, use 1.5 cups of water. For a 10 quart instant pot use 2 cups water.
- Place trivet of steamer basket in pressure cooker if using and place squash, cut side down on rack. By placing cut side down, you are helping to prevent condensation and water to collect inside the squash cavity.
- Cook on HIGH pressure (select manual button or pressure cook button) and adjust to cook for 8 minutes for tender squash or 7 minutes for al dente squash. If you cook spaghetti squash whole, you will need to cook for 15 minutes on high pressure.
- Remove squash from Instant Pot and use a fork to scrape into strands. Serve as desired.