Instant Pot Lasagna Soup: A quick and easy soup filled with hearty sausage, rich tomato broth, and pasta, this Lasagna Soup is one of the best one pot meals around!
I will never forget the first time my mom made Lasagna Soup for me. I was a bit skeptical, as her lasagna was one of my all time favorite meals. But after one bite, I fell head over heals in love with this Italian Soup.
I have been making my mom’s lasagna soup for decades now on the stove top. And while the traditional lasagna soup is a relatively quick meal, Instant Pot Lasagna Soup is RIDICULOUSLY fast to make.
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
Filled with Italian Sausage, carrots, onions and pasta in a rich tomato based sauce, this hearty Italian soup is comforting and soothing to my soul.
It is insanely easy to make in the pressure cooker. Friends, I am talking this soup is ready in less than 20 minutes from the time you start to the time you are sitting at the table.
How To Make Pressure Cooker Lasagna Soup
Step One: Sear Meat and Veggies
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute function.
- Once heated, add in oil.
- Brown Italian Sausage until almost no longer pink, breaking up sausage as it cooks.
- Add in onions, carrots, and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes longer.
- If a lot of grease remains in pressure cooker, drain that off for a lighter soup.
Step Two: Cook Lasagna Soup
- Add stewed tomatoes, stock, tomato sauce, seasonings and pasta to pressure cooker.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and turn knob to sealed.
- Cook on High Pressure for 4 minutes.
Step Three: Quick Release
- Once cook time has elapsed, allow pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes.
- Then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
Step Four: Add in Spinach
- Stir spinach into hot Lasagna soup.
Step Five: Serve Soup
- Serve Lasagna Soup with shredded or fresh Mozzarella Cheese and shredded Parmesan Cheese.
Modifications for Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- I use homemade chicken stock and homemade tomato sauce for Lasagna Soup, but you can use your favorite brand.
- I like a lean Italian chicken sausage. I simply remove the chicken sausage from it’s casing and brown up. You can use any Italian Sausage you like.
- Stewed tomatoes with basil and oregano add amazing flavor and texture to this soup, but you can also use diced tomatoes or an extra cup of marinara sauce in it’s place.
- Corkscrew, rotini, capanelle, or elbow noodles are all great options for the pasta in this Lasagna Soup.
- Feel free to use frozen spinach n place of fresh spinach, just add to Lasagna Soup BEFORE cooking on high pressure.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Beef and Barley Soup
- Instant Pot Lasagna
- Instant Pot Creamy Italian Pasta
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
Made with simple ingredients, this healthy, yet hearty Italian soup will be on the table in less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1 large carrot peeled, and diced
- 1 small onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 16 ounce can Italian Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 cup dried pasta such as rotini, campenelle, elbow noodles, etc
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Serve with Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese
Turn Instant Pot to Saute function.
Once heated, add in oil. Brown Italian Sausage until almost no longer pink, breaking up sausage as it cooks.
Add in onions, carrots, and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes longer.
Add stock, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and pasta to Instant Pot.
Place lid on Instant Pot and turn knob to sealed. Cook on High Pressure for 4 minutes.
Once cook time has elapsed, allow pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes. Then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
Stir in spinach to soup and let just wilt.
Serve soup with cheese.
To Make Pressure Cooker Lasagna Soup, You May Need
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks so much for being a part of A Mind Full Mom!